Sky Broadband Reviews

Sometimes the best way to get a feel for a broadband provider is to read what those who are already customers think of the service they're receiving. Below are all the reviews we've received for Sky.

Recent Customer Ratings for Sky

• Satisfaction
    3 stars
  • Customer Service
    3.1 stars
  • Speed
    2.8 stars
  • Reliability
    3 stars

Based on 905 customer ratings since 2023-05-12 (Show all time ratings)

Visit Sky   Read our Sky buyers guide

Ratings are left by users of our speed test as well as by reviewers. Recent star ratings summarise the last 12 months of ratings or the last 100 ratings placed, whichever is largest.

2,278 Customer Reviews over 228 pages

• Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Sky
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      5 stars
    • Customer Service
      5 stars
    • Speed
      5 stars
    • Reliability
      5 stars
    Comments
    Awesome service. 13Kb/s here all day every day. Can get a bit slow when downlaoding big files @ 1.14 MB/s and surfing but that's fine. All day everyday local calls to 01,02 and 03 and a lot of country's worldwide thrown in. Netgear router at first was awful but now got Skys Sagem F@st 2504 and never looked back. Been with Sky for nearly 20 years, no need to change.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Sky
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      4 stars
    • Customer Service
      3 stars
    • Speed
      4 stars
    • Reliability
      5 stars
    Comments
    good service overall seems speedy enuff and no major connection problems....only gripe is the email service...keep getting requests for username and passwords and it gets very annoying....sky told me its rare but it happens all the time with me....but going to sky.com/unlock and follwing thru that page usually sorts it out...apparantly its something to do with skymail being supplied by google....gets annoying tho that they cant seem to sort it....heyho
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Sky
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      3 stars
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      3 stars
    • Reliability
      5 stars
    Comments
    Good speed and reliability but pray you never need to get hold of customer service...
    Been with them 2 years but ticked off that new customers are getting better deals, so I might change.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Sky
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      4 stars
    • Customer Service
      4 stars
    • Speed
      5 stars
    • Reliability
      5 stars
    Comments
    Changed from demon to sky ,and very pleased my speed has increased from 1.2 (demon) to 4.2 (sky ) , no cap on downloads , help desk used to configure wireless settings , very helpful .. and first 6 months free.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Sky
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      2 stars
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      2 stars
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Sky started off pretty well, but the last few months have been nothing but trouble.

My line is capeable of 10mbit. When I had Pipex in the early days, it ran happily at that. When I moved to Sky they informed me that my maximum was 8. Not true, but at that speed, fine, I'll just live with it.

Not long after that they mysteriously upped the cost of my broadband, with no warning. I phoned and asked what was going on and the Indian man (who claimed his name was John, HA) insisted this was correct. I then mentioned we have a letter that guaranteed the price until January 2010. He quickly changed the price back down and apologised. However, come January 2010 they immediately put the price back up.

During this time I have had constant periods of disconnection. These range from 2 minutes (enough to disrupt a game) to 2 hours (enough to disrupt an entire work schedule). Upon phoning tech support and speaking to 'John', the Indian man on the other end, we spent 35 minutes diagnosing the issue. He was not interested in the exact error (which the router supplied), but the colour of the blinking light. Eventually he said there was a line fault and a BT engineer has been dispatched. Why couldn't we have gotten to this in the first place, rather than resetting routers and looking at blinking lights?

More recently Sky has taken to giving me horrendous quality connections. Whilst the speed is fine once connected (sometimes), connecting to games, videos and even websites is an utter nightmare. Ping tests showed my ping to be a full 1 second (1000ms). Upon phoning Sky they insisted it wasn't on there end, and offered no help to resolve the issue.

Eventually I had had enough and phoned and demanded my MAC address. They put me through to an English speaking call centre (how nice of them to only give you English speakers when you want to leave) who said they could not fix the errors with my line, but would offer me £5 off and match O2s price. But then I'd still have a broken connection, for the same price as my preferred ISP?

Eventually they decided to post me my MAC, rather than email or SMS it, I presume to keep me on the service for that extra few days.

To sum up: Avoid. Connections aren't fast, quality is terrible, customer support is incompetent and doesn't speak English.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Sky
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      5 stars
    • Customer Service
      5 stars
    • Speed
      5 stars
    • Reliability
      5 stars
    Comments
    fast reliable connection.i get 9mb connection speed all the time.i had a problem with a noisy line rang sky and they got bt out to put a new line from the pole to my house within 24 hours without charging for it.very happy with them.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Sky
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Sky Broadband is US i am lucky to get 500 kb
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Sky
    Date
    Ratings
    • Customer Service
      3 stars
    Comments
    Moving to Sky from Vodafone broadband has been a very disappointing experience. I am a graphic designer and depend on good connections speeds. I cannot understand how organisations can get away with boasting 8Mbps and delivering, at best 3Mbps. In any other industry this would be damned as misrepresentation.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Sky
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    we have the combined sky tv and internet and paying £40 per months and getting not even 1mb download speed
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Sky
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    total rubbish i am on the unlimited downloads and 20mb speed, i am getting lest them half a mb .42mb

The reviews published on this page are those of the individual authors who have warrantied that they abide by our review guidelines. Reviews are not the opinion of Broadband.co.uk.