Sky Broadband Reviews

Sometimes the best way to get a feel for a broadband provider is to read what those who are already customers think of the service they're receiving. Below are all the reviews we've received for Sky.

Recent Customer Ratings for Sky

• Satisfaction
    3 stars
  • Customer Service
    3.1 stars
  • Speed
    2.8 stars
  • Reliability
    3 stars

Based on 901 customer ratings since 2023-05-13 (Show all time ratings)

Visit Sky   Read our Sky buyers guide

Ratings are left by users of our speed test as well as by reviewers. Recent star ratings summarise the last 12 months of ratings or the last 100 ratings placed, whichever is largest.

2,278 Customer Reviews over 228 pages

• Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Sky
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      5 stars
    • Customer Service
      5 stars
    • Speed
      5 stars
    • Reliability
      5 stars
    Comments
    Sky Broadband Everyday Lite has been fantastic! I moved to Sky from TalkTalk a few weeks ago. At TalkTalk the reliability was terrible. But at sky the speed is good enough but reliability is excellent. I was looking for broadband that wouldn't disconnect when I'm playing online video games, and sky were
    perfect for me. I'm glad the reliability is good and I can make do with the speed.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Sky
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      2 stars
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Consistently 0.1mb download speed. In fact, even the upload speed is quicker @ 0.35mb. Customer Service just don't want to know.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Sky
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      2 stars
    • Customer Service
      2 stars
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    very inconsistent service intermittent connection and customer service go through the same problem solving time after time. when it works its reasonably fast.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Sky
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    From day one, had nothing but problems and slow speed. Line quality is perfect, only 1km from exchange. Sky connect is available only to people who live in an area where sky have to piggy back on bt equiptment. After 4pm, they cut the speed of the line down to 100k, not even enough to stream iplayer or connect reliably to xbox live. waste of £17 a month!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Sky
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      2 stars
    • Customer Service
      4 stars
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      3 stars
    Comments
    The staff in their call centres seem to have tried hard to fix the problems with my line, but since switching to them my broadband has gone from being "rock solid but a little sluggish" to "OK for a while, but sooner or later, totally useless". After escalating my problems, my connection was good for a while, but now it's heading for the toilet again...
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Sky
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      2 stars
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Absolutely awful so far! Just decided to change over to Sky completely to include Broadband,phone Sky + & multi-room. What a mistake! Placed order but I could tell operator didn't know what she was doing. Claimed bad line and she would ring me back in 15mins - didn't! Rang again and found out order had not been placed. Went through it all again - sorted? 'I have your complete order and now will pass you onto the relevant department to process' So you can't do it then- 'No'. OK then, Do I have to go all through this again.'No, I will tell the details'
    ' Hello Sir, you want to add a package to your TV? 'No' I thought the other guy explained what I wanted? 'No, I can only add a package to your TV. But I want to reduce my TV package but want phone,Sky +, Multi-room & broadband also. 'I can only add a package and will pass you to those departments..'
    Sky man turns up to install + & multi-room ..'Here to replace your old box with + box'. 'No' You should adding a + box & doing multi-room. He shows me his order - its wrong not surprisingly! HE IS EXCELLENT - THE ONLY GOOD EXPERIENCE SO FAR! He fixes everything as it should be. He was brilliant. After all this -phone has now supposed to have been changed from BT & TV ok.Notification from BT, broadband ends 18th Jan' Sky broadband account starts 19th Jan. Checked progress of Sky account. Router not yet dispatched! Now it doesn't take many brain cells to work out that if one is leaving one supplier and giving your business to another that there should be some continuity here! Apparently the router only gets ordered after the phone is changed over from last supplier! Rang Sky and was 'hung up on' by young lad who didn't want to deal with it - suddenly pretended it was a bad line. I had not been rude to him at all.Rang again and explained issues. Laura(?) very nice and helpful. Said she would ring back shortly - didn't, but to her credit did call back about 4hours later. Said she had to cancel order & re-order router again but it still would be 3-5 days(working days(?)- then its a week) If I had known how bad this experience was to prove then I'd would've stayed with BT.
    Only time will tell if the broadband service is as good as some of the comments I have read about. So far SKY - the whole sorry tale has been totally unsatifactory!!!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Sky
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Ridulously low speed.Awful customer service. Hard to access support. Altogether really bad
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Sky
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      5 stars
    • Customer Service
      4 stars
    • Speed
      5 stars
    • Reliability
      4 stars
    Comments
    Just recently switched to Sky from Plusnet.

Had a great services with Sky before but was unable to get it in my new area, switchover took less than 10 days and now I'm flying.

They've beat all other suppliers hands down, including BT at £12.50 a month and a 16.5 Meg connection (which is way above the national average & double what I had with Plusnet) I'm a happy chappy! lol

Would recommend for any area! Unless your lucky enough to get cable or fibre!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Sky
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Had Sky broadband since christmas last year first few months were ok not bad speed but for last 6 months i have had problems with noisy phone line limited or no service on my broadband and nobody at sky is capable of sorting it out. I would not recommend them to anbody go with virgin sky has very poor service no customer service skills and they dont care once they got your money. I cancelled my direct debit and now putting my Brand New HD Box EBay to get back some of the costs of phone calls and days off to sort this problem out.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Sky
    Date
    Ratings
    • Reliability
      2 stars
    Comments
    customer service rubbish. get fobbed off all the time .get passed to about 6 different people for each phone call and all ask the same things before passing you on

The reviews published on this page are those of the individual authors who have warrantied that they abide by our review guidelines. Reviews are not the opinion of Broadband.co.uk.