Sky Broadband Reviews

Sometimes the best way to get a feel for a broadband provider is to read what those who are already customers think of the service they're receiving. Below are all the reviews we've received for Sky.

Recent Customer Ratings for Sky

• Satisfaction
    3 stars
  • Customer Service
    3.1 stars
  • Speed
    2.8 stars
  • Reliability
    3 stars

Based on 901 customer ratings since 2023-05-13 (Show all time ratings)

Visit Sky   Read our Sky buyers guide

Ratings are left by users of our speed test as well as by reviewers. Recent star ratings summarise the last 12 months of ratings or the last 100 ratings placed, whichever is largest.

2,278 Customer Reviews over 228 pages

• Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Sky
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      5 stars
    • Customer Service
      4 stars
    • Speed
      4 stars
    • Reliability
      5 stars
    Comments
    very reliable.. can only get max speed of 5 mb on my line........bb average speed is 3.5mb. i download quite a bit & never had a problem
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Sky
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    The speed I get has gone down to .3mbps from .83mbps when I rang up to ask for help I was expected to be BT expert at looking at wires. Then The lady was cut off and failed to come back to me. Frankly SKY is the pits!!!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Sky
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Terrible broadband speeds - not more than 0.700kbps, ever ! Poor customer service, all they really want is to sell you a tv package !
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Sky
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      2 stars
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      2 stars
    Comments
    I understood that we would not recieve high speeds in the area, but our options were limited at the time. However the exchange has just been upgraded to llu. Sky are selling the free broadband package broa to new customers in the town. I phoned to enquire when us (exsiting customers) were being offered this. I got 2 different answers. From cancellation department: 'sky had too many customers to advise and so would not do so'. This was refuted by the next lady in the broadband section,who checked my details and said that she would try to foce a migration,but after checking with someone else ,came back and asked if I was not happy that she checked 'cause it is sold out'??????????? Today it is still stated on all the checkers and comparison sites, that the package is available to this postcode!!!!The best that she could do was reduce my cost from £17-00 to £12-00 for 6 months
    I will try one more time to speak with sky,before looking at alternatives!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Sky
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      4 stars
    • Customer Service
      3 stars
    • Speed
      4 stars
    • Reliability
      5 stars
    Comments
    Very good and reliable connection. Always connected, always above 12mb upload. To all the moaners, try changing a few simple settings on your router, and in particular the channel number- don't use the same as your neighbours!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Sky
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      2 stars
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      2 stars
    Comments
    Last 4-5 months the speed has been capped so dramaticaly that my broadband is pretty much unuseable between 5pm to 11.30pm/ midnight - average speed test = download of 0.23 mb/s - utter rubish - There should be a legal recourse to take Sky to task over mis-representation - how the hell can this be sold as 'Broadband'?? I might as well save £17 per month and go back to dial up...would be faster - I give up phoning Sky anymore -I might as well ask the cat..
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Sky
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      2 stars
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    After a brief "honeymoon period" after the switch to Sky on the promise of 2 Mb while paying for a 8 Mb service, the service was satisfactory. operating at 1.2 Mb. As time passed the speed precipitously declined to approximately 0.3 Mb and the connection would cut for sometimes hours at a time. After contacting customer service, the service was restored to a stable 0.8 Mb. After a few days, it had degraded as before. Another complaint again restored it, and I was given a set of tests to perform. After carrying out the tests, before and after a further decline, the results were sent to the address given. The reply was simply "well it is fine now. Happy to be of service".

Assumedly, the solution to my problems is "complain every 4 or 5 days to get half of the estimate given, then lose it again"
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Sky
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      5 stars
    • Customer Service
      5 stars
    • Speed
      5 stars
    • Reliability
      5 stars
    Comments
    I have been with Sky for a year now aand have not had any problems.
    The speed has been the same all the time.
    When I have called Sky my call has been answered in under 6 minutes, all in all very pleased with Sky broadband.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Sky
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      3 stars
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Sky Broadband in Central London is dismal at best. Due to the high volume of usage at exchanges and them being oversubscribed, Sky fails to get a.) ay respectably fast speed in current times, and b.) and consistency in speed. Furthermore, as Sky does not have their own equipment the exchange, Sky Broadband users are forced to pay higher costs... obscene due to the substandard service provided. I really do regret taking up a contract with Sky, something I only went for due to their high standard television service (which I cannot faulter on price or quality whatsoever). It's a shame that as a relatively new entrant to the broadband market, they cannot apply some of their expertise to this industry. Overall rating: Dismal.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Sky
    Date
    Ratings
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    absolute rubbish and they blame my comp,worked great with BT before i changed to sky a major rippoff especially as they know you will get poor performance.

The reviews published on this page are those of the individual authors who have warrantied that they abide by our review guidelines. Reviews are not the opinion of Broadband.co.uk.