Plusnet Broadband Reviews

Sometimes the best way to get a feel for a broadband provider is to read what those who are already customers think of the service they're receiving. Below are all the reviews we've received for Plusnet.

Recent Customer Ratings for Plusnet

• Satisfaction
    4.2 stars
  • Customer Service
    4.4 stars
  • Speed
    4.1 stars
  • Reliability
    4.3 stars

Based on 840 customer ratings since 2023-05-02 (Show all time ratings)

Visit Plusnet   Read our Plusnet buyers guide

Ratings are left by users of our speed test as well as by reviewers. Recent star ratings summarise the last 12 months of ratings or the last 100 ratings placed, whichever is largest.

3,751 Customer Reviews over 376 pages

• Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      2 stars
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Been waiting for Fibre optic broadband for almost 3 weeks, after BT failed to keep appointment. No response from Plusnet, but my money is OK.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      2 stars
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Been waiting for Fibre optic broadband for almost 3 weeks, after BT failed to keep appointment. No response from Plusnet, but my money is OK.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Throttling seems to be endemic with budget providers.
    Frequent drop out and times when no service available.
    Glad I'm not paying huge sums for this.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      2 stars
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Just appalling service on all levels. I ordered fibre on 31 July and sine then have had it for 3 days only. Routinely wait 40-45 minutes to speak to customer service, but it is usually 90 as once through they transfer you to another department where you suffer the same wait to get through. My fibre has been cut off three times by PN "in error" but each time it takes 15 days to restore. I'm now on my fourth reconnection and so can post this. I'm often sceptical of bad reviews, wanting to give the benefit of the doubt, but PN are truly the worst company I have ever come across in all aspects. Aside from those gripes the phone line crackles and, having put in 5 (five) requests for caller number display, which costs me 99p per month) it has never been switched on. Aside from emails, which take 10 days to answer, phone calls which take 45 mins to answer, and live chat where the operator on the other end cannot write in even vaguely comprehensible English, I have tried mail and courier. All to no avail. I think the only solution is a trip to Yorkshire. Life is too short. It should not be like this. Anyway, AVOID AVOID AVOID.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      2 stars
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Moved to plusnet from talk-talk and I thought I'd never say this but "come back talk-talk, all is forgiven!". In comparison, talk-talk is fantastic! Or to be exact, plusnet is absolute rubbish. They messed up every step of the switch-over, which took about one month from order - so much for the 10 working days. Charged rates for service provision above those agreed, and were late in sending the router. When it finally arrived, I couldn't connect because they omitted to "switch" the service on!. As for the internet service provision itself, it's slow, almost guaranteed to "fall out" at least once every evening requiring a reboot of the router, and as for trying to talk to someone from the tech department - you've got to hold on the phone for about half an hour having to put up with the most diabolical "music" you can imagine before hand. The advert says "we'll do you proud" - what nonsense - I'll have the wooden spoon every time (refer to ad). I've unfortunately got another 11 months of the contract to go - it'll not be 11 months and 1 day I assure you - my advice? Simple - AVOID AT ALL COSTS
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Comments
    I cannot rate it as plusnet are terrible I have been waiting for installation of a line since June 8th 2015 and still no further forward and cannot speak to anyone that seems to do anything. Their advert should be taken off the tv
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    AVOID AVOID AVOID. These people are completely inept. I haven't had a reliable broadband service since the beginning of the year, and after hanging on the phone for 30 minutes plus every time I ring to tell them about it, they fiddle around and supposedly fix the fault. Then a week later its the same again. I rang to cancel my account back in July and was persuaded to go over to fibre which I was told would sort everything out. It didn't - I just pay more, and now they are trying to tie me in to the 24 month contract I only took out on the basis it would solve the problem. I am now in dispute over their termination fee. Money for nothing, that is.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Ignore the ads - speed dreadful, crackling phone line, engineer call outs cancelled without notice, lagging, dropping out - could go on and on. Over half an hour waiting for Customer Services. No refund for advance payments. Shocking, shocking service
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    My internet speed and connection has been really bad lately. For the past two days I have been getting less than 100kb/s I have no idea why, it is normally 2mb/s or above and my connection is better. I can still watch youtube and stream films in HD quality though. Over all I think Plusnet for me has been bad overall, at the moment I cant even talk or play with my friends online because of it and that is what I enjoy doing.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Following a house move PlusNet were incapable of handling the transfer. After weeks of frustration, incompetence and broken promises I moved to a new provider. I am now in dispute with them over cancellation fees. Yesterday they sent me a bill for £20425.00 They seen more interested in advertising how good they are but their systems appear chaotic and unable to cope; apart from sending money demands. It is virtually impossible to get through to them and when you do succeed they are no help. Best steer clear of PlusNet.

The reviews published on this page are those of the individual authors who have warrantied that they abide by our review guidelines. Reviews are not the opinion of Broadband.co.uk.