Plusnet Broadband Reviews

Sometimes the best way to get a feel for a broadband provider is to read what those who are already customers think of the service they're receiving. Below are all the reviews we've received for Plusnet.

Recent Customer Ratings for Plusnet

• Satisfaction
    4.2 stars
  • Customer Service
    4.4 stars
  • Speed
    4.1 stars
  • Reliability
    4.2 stars

Based on 848 customer ratings since 2023-04-19 (Show all time ratings)

Visit Plusnet   Read our Plusnet buyers guide

Ratings are left by users of our speed test as well as by reviewers. Recent star ratings summarise the last 12 months of ratings or the last 100 ratings placed, whichever is largest.

3,751 Customer Reviews over 376 pages

• Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      5 stars
    • Customer Service
      5 stars
    • Speed
      5 stars
    • Reliability
      5 stars
    Comments
    Mega Fast
    Never Went Down Once
    Cheap
    Perfect customer service but bad waiting times.

BT INFINITY without the price tag basically. (same company they are a subsidiary)
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    Comments
    Attempting to sign-up for BB with Plusnet and it has taken months. PN blaming BT and vice-versa. No call to customer service has been answered faster than 40 mins wait. Worst has been 40 mins wait then transferred to high-priority team with an additional 45 min wait. Absolutely appalling level of service I wish I had never started with them. It's also almost impossible to be transferred to speak with a manager.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Comments
    AWFUL SERVICE FROM AN APPAULLING PROVIDER

I’ve spent hours on the phone to them in the last few weeks and I’m getting pretty sick of their attitude. The average time spent on hold before my calls have been answered is over an hour. They are then rude and are quite happy to lie (I know for a fact that they have lied to me) and blame anyone but themselves for the short comings in their service. . My broadband is generally unusable, about 0.2Mbts and drops out completely a lot of the time. Unfortunately tied into a contract and hae been told I will be charged exit fees if I leave, even though they are not providing me with the service I am paying for.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      3 stars
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    After 8 years with Zen, thought I'd save money, and move to Plusnet, as reviews were good. What a mistake, firstly, had to chase on the connection - they didn't connect when they said they would, and it was 3 days without internet. Next, the speed was half what it should be. They said they were 'optimising the line speed'. After the two weeks I complained, and gave evidence of previous speeds. Suddenly, the speed doubled. Hmm? Are they throttling speeds on the expectation that some won't notice? Next, we got outrageous charges for European phone calls. Then they put their prices up. All within a month. Decided to leave, and received small bills for the pro-rata cost. Then the next month - a bill for the service again! Contacted them immediately, but they still took it by direct debit (which I also cancelled). Since then, have contacted 5 times about getting a refund. Even after the 10 working days they said it would take, I still don't have my money back. This is a terrible organisation. Steer well clear. I am now back with Zen Internet. Seamless transition back (no internet downtime whatsoever), and excellent customer service. So glad to be back.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      2 stars
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      3 stars
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Good speed all week when most people at work Rubbish at weekend I pay for Fibre Optic and I am lucky to get 1 or 2 Mbps all weekend Can't wait for contract to end and I will certainly be leaving minus net
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      2 stars
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      3 stars
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Changed to plusnet with high hopes. They have been the worst provider I've been with. Say uk call centres but take forever to answer the phone, then when you get through they have to transfer you to another department. I can't wait for my contract to end so I can switch.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      3 stars
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Unlimited (non fibre) BB & Talk Package.

Below standard in all matters really.
    Cheap and very inadequate router. One the worst still on the market actually.
    Hence, very inconsistent speeds, regardless of "peak" and "off-peak" times. My connection never broke 1 Mbit/s (whereas every other provider I have had was able to give us at least 1.5 over the same line)
    Customer service, sadly lacking.
    Very frequently an hour or more hanging on the phone (even outside of their stated "peak calling times".
    Never able to get a direct or concise answer to any of my questions.
    If experiencing a bad connection, the emphasis was always on the customer to try and sort out, e.g. pull 80 quids worth of unlocked router, out of thin air, to test the line for them. Or , be threatened with a 50 quid charge.
    And charges - a few big ones, not as transparent as they make out. If thinking about migrating, before end of term, make sure your next provider will, as an incentive, help cover any of the whopping fees Plusnet will hit you with.
    And lastly, as their base changes on all packages have risen by 15% this year, they are not even any cheaper than the nearest competitors.
    A BT owned company now too. For reasons of conscience I migrated to Plusnet. But, as they are now BT owned, any reasons not to migrate away are no reasons for migrating ar non-existent.
    I would recommend avoidance. It will honestly save a lot of frustration, and disappointment.

J.G.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      2 stars
    Comments
    Decided to upgrade to fibre as we were getting less tan 1MB, waited in on the appointed day, but no engineer arrived. Tried to contact via the webchat service, but told that this was not an appropriate medium. Tried to raise a complaint via this channel, but was informed that I could not do so - although it clearly states that you can on the complaints page. Now 45 minutes into a telephone wait to speak to someone - initial forecast was less than half an hour, but I have never got through in less than an hour.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      3 stars
    • Reliability
      3 stars
    Comments
    Shockingly bad customer service. I ordered an upgrade from broadband to fibre with them. An appointment was booked then the following has since happened:

1) Contradictory information regarding a discount. Stated discount for 24 mths then mentioned 12 mths in email. Since resolved and will be 24 mths.
    2) Booked morning off work but BT engineer (wholesale provider) failed to show. Plusnet were dismissive and and only when I asked for compensation (time of work = money) did they agree to a miserly 2 months' free. Probably a fraction of what they would have charged me had I broken the appointment and definitely a fraction of the value of my wasted leave from work.
    3) Despite booking the initial engineer appointment on the phone, Plusnet told me they can't re-book until several days later as it was now a "bridging case", adding insult to injury. I needed to book more time off work so needed them to book the engineer.
    4) Despite the above, a new appointment was pushed on me which didn't match any of the 3 dates I specified. I phoned and was then booked in for a date I was able to take off work.
    5) Email arrived telling me the appointment which I had been told was booked (and for which I had again booked time off work) was not available. Again, no negotiation. They just pushed another date at me.
    6) Phone calls throughout had a minimum wait time of 30 minutes but a more typical wait time of 40 - 60 minutes. This included phoning first thing in the morning when their stats say they are least busy.

This is a complete and utter nightmare of a company to deal with. I would go beyond saying "poor" customer service. I just don't think Plusnet offer what anyone can reasonably describe as service at all when you have cause to communicate with them. It's like talking to an inanimate object that's been engineered to cause maximum frustration.

AVOID PLUSNET.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Have not had broadband for about a month. Plusnet keep placing orders with bt expecting that will fix the problem. Isn't the definition of insanity to do the same thing but expect a different result?bt have confirmed plusnet need to enable the system from their side.
    Speed is .5mb. Customer advisors lie to you and hang up. They fabricate notes and say they will call back but do not.

They cant seem to keep track of the promises they make you.

The reviews published on this page are those of the individual authors who have warrantied that they abide by our review guidelines. Reviews are not the opinion of Broadband.co.uk.