Plusnet Broadband Reviews

Sometimes the best way to get a feel for a broadband provider is to read what those who are already customers think of the service they're receiving. Below are all the reviews we've received for Plusnet.

Recent Customer Ratings for Plusnet

• Satisfaction
    4.2 stars
  • Customer Service
    4.4 stars
  • Speed
    4.1 stars
  • Reliability
    4.2 stars

Based on 836 customer ratings since 2023-05-17 (Show all time ratings)

Visit Plusnet   Read our Plusnet buyers guide

Ratings are left by users of our speed test as well as by reviewers. Recent star ratings summarise the last 12 months of ratings or the last 100 ratings placed, whichever is largest.

3,751 Customer Reviews over 376 pages

• Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      3 stars
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      3 stars
    • Reliability
      3 stars
    Comments
    Always felt happy with Plusnet - decent reliability - good speed - good price.. until today when I tried to use their customer service for the first time. I've spent 25 minutes stuck in a call queue having spoken to an operator after 10mins who couldn't service my request and stuck me back in the queue!!! At least it's given me time to write this review while I wait... Shame, genuinely thought they were better than the other terrible BB providers.. guess not :(
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      5 stars
    • Customer Service
      5 stars
    • Speed
      5 stars
    • Reliability
      5 stars
    Comments
    Changed this month from BT, who were over charging and poor value for money. Cannot prise Plusnet highly enough, very fast smooth change over, and internet speeds are much faster than BT for a lot less money. highly recommend.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      5 stars
    • Customer Service
      5 stars
    • Speed
      3 stars
    • Reliability
      3 stars
    Comments
    I would like to first thanks Sam Hargreaves for his outstanding customer service that he provided. I recently moved home and was waiting for 2 weeks for my internet and phone line to be set up I received a tx from plusnet saying an engineer will be out 14 October between 8am-1pm I had a day off and was called into work but my wife was home for a short while as she had an appointment with the doctors for the little ones as they where in well unfortunately that had to be missed due to the fact that no engineer appeared and she stayed home all day waiting. I was furious so I called in the morning and spoke to Sam Hargreaves and appoligised for the inconvenience it had caused. He stayed that there was a mix up and no engineer was needed to come out imeddiately he offered one month of my broadband and went out his way to even call back on my mobile on two occasions to set up my new router which I had purchased from tesco as I lost the plusnet one I could not thank him enough for the service he has provided overall I am very satisfied with the customer service and how quickly they can resolve issue people of you can't get through to them on time well then I suggest you try calling first thing in the morning and you definitely will get through.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      4 stars
    • Customer Service
      4 stars
    • Speed
      5 stars
    • Reliability
      4 stars
    Comments
    Best broadband provider we've had in years. Strong fibre optic connection that does wave up and down a bit but otherwise stays above 60mb. It was set up in half an hour with no delays. I can finally download movies and games in a time frame of minutes instead of days, and nobody is complaining that their streams are crashing constantly.

Not related entirely but it's worth reminding people reading these posts that the vast majority of people will only write up reviews when they want to complain about something.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      2 stars
    Comments
    What a faff!! Been over a week now waiting for our broadband to come back up!! Plusnet said it would take no more than 4 days! My mobile data is through the roof.. cant watch catch up tele... and the customer helpline is USELESS my husband is a IT consultant and can do a better job than this.... VERY VERY unhappy!!! Get it sorted plus net or we shall find some other service that says what it will do and is honest to their costumers!! We are paying good money and you cant even provide the service.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      3 stars
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Biggest Mistake I have made going to Plus Net Firstly the router they supply has no range like the Sky I had previous despite being in the same location. Had to buy 2 wifi extenders If you stream movies don't expect to see the end of them as it constantly drops out. Phoned them and after a 45 min wait I was told they were allowed to drop out 5 times a day and mine had only dropped out 3 times in the last 24 hours Drop outs can last mins or hours but they said they are allowed I was also told they are NOT a premium broadband supplier so don't expect a premium service Roll on March 16th when I can dump this lousy service in the mean time I must tell everyone
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      3 stars
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      3 stars
    • Reliability
      2 stars
    Comments
    Super ISP when I first started about 6 years ago - good speeds, reasonable fast customer service.

But it's gone down the tubes since. Rarely get advertised speed, total drop outs are common, and it takes a lifetime to get through to a human being at customer services - not that they're usually the slightest help anyway. Great with promises, not so hot on action.

They've recently offered me fibre, but my question on how the hell they can guarantee high speeds when they can't even maintain ordinary adsl speeds brings just corporate guff.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Terrible beyond belief. Customer service pay you lip service to pacify you but the problem is never solved. Plusnet admit that there is a broadband issue and then state that fault is corrected but it is not. I have had no broadband issues at all until i signed up to plusnet, coincidence i think not! I am currently paying for a service that is not fit for purpose!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      5 stars
    • Customer Service
      4 stars
    • Speed
      5 stars
    • Reliability
      5 stars
    Comments
    We were originally with Talk Talk when we signed up with Virgin to get a better deal. However, despite several texts from Virgin confirming they would be attending for the installation, no one actually turned up! Were very annoyed especially as my husband, who was very ill with the flu at that time, spent the day moving furniture, taking stuff off of wardrobes etc., so that they could run the cables. Decided to stay with Talk Talk who informed us that it was "too late to cancel the cancellation" and disconnected our broadband and telephone line the next day. Bit annoyed with Talk Talk and Virgin so signed up with Plusnet. Very smooth from start to finish. They reconnected our phone line the very next day. Had to wait a couple of weeks for fibre optic broadband to be installed as they were fully booked, however, on the day of the installation the engineer (who was very nice) turned up at 8.00am ringing beforehand to say he was on his way. Throughout the 2 week wait for the broadband we received regular texts and emails with updates. Since having the service installed we have had absolutely no problems with the broadband or telephone. My only slight niggle was that I had to ring them a couple of times (once to get the caller display added to the phone and the other time to confirm they would still be coming to install as Virgin made me a bit paranoid)and had to wait about 50 minutes on one occasion and about 35 minutes on the other before I got to speak to anyone. However, as the calls are free I just got on with my life whilst having the phone on loudspeaker. Once I did speak to them, they were very pleasant on the phone and actually sounded like they knew what they were talking about. All in all I am very pleased with their service and would definitely recommend them.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    useless,unreliable and takes weeks to do anything, leaving is also a nightmare. Do not want to let you leave after agreeing to you leaving, then wont refund prepayment period. Have wasted litterally hours on the phone to them.

The reviews published on this page are those of the individual authors who have warrantied that they abide by our review guidelines. Reviews are not the opinion of Broadband.co.uk.