Plusnet Broadband Reviews

Sometimes the best way to get a feel for a broadband provider is to read what those who are already customers think of the service they're receiving. Below are all the reviews we've received for Plusnet.

Recent Customer Ratings for Plusnet

• Satisfaction
    4.2 stars
  • Customer Service
    4.4 stars
  • Speed
    4.1 stars
  • Reliability
    4.2 stars

Based on 836 customer ratings since 2023-05-17 (Show all time ratings)

Visit Plusnet   Read our Plusnet buyers guide

Ratings are left by users of our speed test as well as by reviewers. Recent star ratings summarise the last 12 months of ratings or the last 100 ratings placed, whichever is largest.

3,751 Customer Reviews over 376 pages

• Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Despite having to pay a hefty sum to get out of my contract, I recently left Plusnet due to their appalling internet supply and lack of customer service.

I could go on for hours, but briefly: the internet would drop out almost daily (which doesn’t happen now that I’ve switched providers), sometimes for hours and despite them ‘looking into it’; their online troubleshooter more often than not displayed an error message; they got my address wrong multiple times; it took an average wait of 3 weeks for an answer if you asked a question via the online customer portal; my online account details did not list a contract end date; they refused to take responsibility when called out on all these issues and didn’t even offer an early termination discount in light of all the above.
    As a final kick in the teeth, when I called up to pay the final bill I was told there was a 45 minute wait to be put through to a human being! I tried later in the day and it was 30 minutes and then 15, which is still terrible.

It’s a massive relief to be rid of them and I strongly discourage anyone from using Plusnet!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Signed up with them 3.5 weeks ago. There have been various organizational problems like forgetting to actually send the router, and they are still sorting problems with the speed out. The thing I am extremely disappointed about is the amount of time you have to wait to get through on the phone once they've got you as a customer. 50 minutes this evening. With all the problems I've been having since becoming a customer, I have wasted so much time having to hold on waiting to speak to someone. The only reason I went with Plusnet was because it supposedly has a good reputation for customer service. I wish I had stayed with BT whose customer service is not this bad.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      3 stars
    • Reliability
      3 stars
    Comments
    The worst service I have ever received.
    The biggest farce of trying to move home i have ever had.
    Countless lies, no communication.
    I am leaving for a real internet provider
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Comments
    dont bother
    we joined plusnet they finally sent an engineer round after waiting for over a month and a half who changed our line over to plusnet and a hour later our phone stop making and receiving calls
    its now 2 and a half months since we first called and we still have no phone or internet
    and dont even bother trying to call plusnet they keep you on hold for over an hour each time we have called to acheive nothing
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Read this before you make a huge mistake signing up.
    This is the worst broadband I have ever had. Be prepared for random drop outs lasting for a couple of mins to a couple of hours Complain and you will be told they are within their rights to have 5 dropouts in 24 hours and they do right when you are streaming
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Been with them for five years and live out in the sticks. The service drops down when it rains and they seem incapable of understanding this despite repeated calls to service and visits by BT and Open Reach engineers (always on dry day). Not sure what 'Award' they won, but very disillusioned with them and their useless customer service and reliability. A
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      2 stars
    • Customer Service
      2 stars
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Been with them i week.sorry i bothered
    Faulty router replaced on installation.
    Internet drops in and out reported problem reply "unsure what problem was"
    NOW if you use phone line you lose Internet all together.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      3 stars
    • Reliability
      4 stars
    Comments
    I signed up with Plusnet last August for phone and fibre broadband after seeing the 6 months free fibre offer - what a mistake! Due to a 'systems error' their end we were without any broadband for over 4 weeks, and another 3 and a half weeks before we got fibre. Twice engineer never showed up having organized work days so could be at home. Appalling service, long time delays holding on phone and online chat service couldn't help. Be warned and avoid!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Signed up with PlusNet two weeks ago to escape Sky-high broadband charges. They arranged to take over phone and broadband on November 2. Sky cut phone and Bb at 8.30am PlusNet did nothing. They did not even send me a router. Call to customer service got me nowhere and they at first refused to call me back despite making me wait 30 minutes to speak to someone.
    When they did call my mobile I was told they had a problem with their supplier - that's BT the company that owns them!
    Now told I should get Bb and phone by November 5. There will be fireworks if I do not. Strange thing was they notified me by email - even though I did not have it.

My first call when I get my phone line back will be to the trading standards department and my solicitor with a view go taking out a county court action.
    Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Changed across from BT as prices went up recently (huge mistake).

On day of fiber transfer phone was connected but broadband went dead. The after a day my phone was cut off. This took a further 3 days to resolve. No engineer (openreach) to install fibre and missed appointment.

Was then told for two weeks they were trying to cancel previous order and expedite a new order for the fibre. This process took nearly two weeks. Then after all this told the expedite request was refused by openreach and installation in November.

In meantime connected to ADSL service as clearly no broadband now for over two weeks. The ADSL service is very badly throttled. Even something like youtube buffers constantly. Download speeds as low as 0.1 meg at peak times.

Advised PlusNet that they are in breach of contract and moving back to BT. Currently claiming I owe over £200 cancellation but as they have failed to provide the product I asked for I cannot see how this could be legally enforced.

Would avoid this company at all cost serious amount of hassle and a service that is not ft for purpose.

They also refused to reimburse me for a dongle I had to use during my two week disconnection claiming that was "my choice" and broadband is a "variable service".

Completely useless outfit.

The reviews published on this page are those of the individual authors who have warrantied that they abide by our review guidelines. Reviews are not the opinion of Broadband.co.uk.