Plusnet Broadband Reviews

Sometimes the best way to get a feel for a broadband provider is to read what those who are already customers think of the service they're receiving. Below are all the reviews we've received for Plusnet.

Recent Customer Ratings for Plusnet

• Satisfaction
    4.2 stars
  • Customer Service
    4.4 stars
  • Speed
    4.1 stars
  • Reliability
    4.2 stars

Based on 836 customer ratings since 2023-05-17 (Show all time ratings)

Visit Plusnet   Read our Plusnet buyers guide

Ratings are left by users of our speed test as well as by reviewers. Recent star ratings summarise the last 12 months of ratings or the last 100 ratings placed, whichever is largest.

3,751 Customer Reviews over 376 pages

• Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      2 stars
    • Customer Service
      2 stars
    • Speed
      4 stars
    • Reliability
      3 stars
    Comments
    Generally the broadband connection was okay, though with intermittent loss of service. However, when it came to disconnection on moving out of the house, the service was very poor and inefficient. Has put me off using Plusnet again.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    customer service rubbish keep losing connection with broadband
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Plusnet are appalling.
    I complained for over a year re our service and finally took our case to CISAS. Immediately upon doing so Plusnet deleted my entire 'support ticket' history from my online account details.

They're routinely patronising and dismissive. They're also completely ignorant of the technology they're supposed to be supporting.
    As they're part of BT I find it unbelievable that they "don't share information" or at least that's the excuse I was given every time I asked for an update on our complaint- "we don't share information between engineers".

My only suggestion would be to complain and take your case to CISAS. I won our case and CISAS told them to give us compensation for our time and effort involved in trying to get them to actually do something.

Appalling, rude and utterly useless.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Overall very poor response times on the phone line. Minimum wait 25min maximum wait 1hr 4min over 18 calls to the billing line.

Fromthe first bill i was over charged 6 phone calls to sort that out over the first 3 months of the contract.

On the final bill they decided to put cancellation charges on. Although i had been with them for 21 months on an 18 month contract.... i refused to pay and they called in a debt management conpany..... asked to speak to a manager they cancelled the charges but not the debt management company..... 12 phone calls later i have had to pay the money and i'm now trying to get the money back from Plusnet....m

Moral of the story never pay anything you genuinely belive you shouldn't have to pay. Never go with Plusnet or BT and soon to be EE.... All the same company...

If you want a good broadband conpany with good customer service look in Germany.....
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Absolutely hopeless all I want Plusnet to do is move my old phone number from Virgin over which they promised would be no problem. After three months of being lied to by endless different people I'm stuck with a phone number that no one knows. It seems impossible to get a resolution to this problem. Do Not Use Plunet.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      2 stars
    • Customer Service
      2 stars
    • Speed
      2 stars
    • Reliability
      3 stars
    Comments
    Decided to sign up after having received extremely bad service from another provider. Their connection is contended even the unlimited package, which means they can put bottlenecks on your service when more users are connected. Their service keep insisting on charging £30 upwards even when you have finished with your contract. Penalty for leaving them. Definitely certain against the broadband code of conduct but nevertheless it is here. Charging is erratic much like many other top providers. Even though all companies are on the same BT open reach network, they want to charge ridiculous money for engineers visit. Even though if your line does not require one as connections are remotely activated by their services.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      2 stars
    • Reliability
      2 stars
    Comments
    I dont write reviews, but the impression I got from Plusnett customer service forced my hand.Changing contract midway,and not being able to cancel due to being jumped from one agent to another not to mention being kept on hold for ages (not exaggeration) be prepared to hold.Then being told by different agents I do not have to pay to leave & ending up paying even though was told not to. I wish I had recorded conversations between agents but never had foresight.Never again in whole Plussnett your service SUCKS & has left a bad taste. I would not recommend you to my enemies.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      2 stars
    • Customer Service
      2 stars
    • Speed
      2 stars
    • Reliability
      2 stars
    Comments
    Been with plusnet for nearly a year and it's been ok. not good, not bad, just ok- not as good as the service we had with BT previously but as we got a good deal at the start you can put up with occasional slow speeds and the wifi disconnecting regularly. However, we're moving house and I need to either move our service, set up a new one or cancel and I can't manage to speak to anyone on the phone to arrange this. the homemoveing team are not available for all the advertised customer service hours, neither are the cancellation team- I have spent about 45 minutes waiting on the phone to either a) give up waiting after 20 minutes b) speak to someone who couldn't help because certain teams finish at 8pm or c) wait on hold for 17 minutes just to get cut off! I have now been told (by online chat assistant) that I can cancel in writing which is what I'll be doing and going back to BT where they answered my call immediately and were able to give me all the info I needed right away. Award winning customer service?? I don't think so!!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Avoid if you wish to remain sane!
    My elderly father was enrolled with plusnet by his computer guy. What a rubbish deal! He only occasionally uses internet but his bills were around £35 a month, higher than ours and my hubby is hardly off internet and I am constantly on the phone. When I took over handling his affairs I complained and he had a reduction to just over £29 a month.
    The biggest problem is the contracts! When he moved house a year ago they conned him in to a new 2 year contract. He moved again yesterday and were told that to get the neccessary phone line installed we had to have a new 2 year contract. I reluctantly agreed as the phone is vital! I wasted 6 hours waiting for the engineer to arrive and then I phoned customer services on a mobile. What a joke!!!! The usual half hour wait, then transfered and another long wait, put on hold yet again by a rep who kept repeating the same mantra, not listening to my concerns and getting shirty with me when I got cross! They nsisted that the engineer had visited the flat and no one was there. To access dads flat you have to report to reception and request access via the security door and sign in. This was not done but I was apparently not telling the truth. They also said he tried to phone my mobile but I had no missed calls logged and no messages! We told them we consider them to be in breach of contract, having been promised a phone line on the 26 October 2015. They have the cheek to want us to pay £169.75 fee. They are in my opinion a bunch of greedy charlatans!!!!.......... Oh yes, one more thing! While you are waiting your half hour stints for them to answer the phone they play raucous music, I assume designed to make you give up!
    NOT RECOMMENDED! If I could award minus points I would!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Not happy with plusnet been messed about by them for weeks now moved house only a cross the road they book a B.T engineer come come out on the 6th oct to conect my phone line took the day of work & nobody turned up rung them then they booked it in again for the 21st oct took day of work ones again nobody turned up so got intouch then got a text message saying it WILL be on by the 24th oct can take up to midnight so waited again no phone on now they say it was a mistake about the 24th telling me now i have to wait 72 hours for there supplyers to get intouch with them to see when it can be put on WOT A LOAD OF CRAP just sick of getting messed about by plusnet

The reviews published on this page are those of the individual authors who have warrantied that they abide by our review guidelines. Reviews are not the opinion of Broadband.co.uk.