EE Home Broadband Reviews

Sometimes the best way to get a feel for a broadband provider is to read what those who are already customers think of the service they're receiving. Below are all the reviews we've received for EE.

Recent Customer Ratings for EE

• Satisfaction
    3.4 stars
  • Customer Service
    3.6 stars
  • Speed
    3.2 stars
  • Reliability
    3.4 stars

Based on 273 customer ratings since 2023-05-16 (Show all time ratings)

Find alternatives to EEs to EE   Compare broadband in your area

Ratings are left by users of our speed test as well as by reviewers. Recent star ratings summarise the last 12 months of ratings or the last 100 ratings placed, whichever is largest.

1,612 Customer Reviews over 162 pages

• Reviewer
    Reviewing
    EE
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      2 stars
    • Customer Service
      3 stars
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      2 stars
    Comments
    I had no problems with the customer service when transferring over form talktalk to EE broadband, except they forgot to inform me when my broadband was ready for use, as they said they would.
    The broadband itself is pretty useless and I wish I had just stayed with talktalk. Its ok for general browsing, but even that can be really slow sometimes. Absolutely useless for watching or streaming videos though, its not even worth trying with the amount of buffeting, stops and starts. Overall, I am very disappointed with EE's broadband, not what its made out to be in the slightest.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    EE
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Would not recommend going with EE took package out in April, paying for 12-14mbs currently receiving 0.78mbs. Phoned up countless times, to which every time I phoned they gave me a 'free month' of non working internet. Problems have never been resolved. One call centre employee told me 'I don't understand your problem you are receiving free internet' wether it be free or not I am not receiving a service, I refused to pay, as I am not receiving the service I took out, I have been told there is a break in my line, a BT technician came out, I watched him eat his lunch outside my apartment block- he was sat there for 1hr 20mins then drove off. Supposedly I am due compensation from EE which I am still to receive. When I do phone to try and resolve my broke internet they have me jumping through hoops going onto various websites and are not willing to do anything them selves, when I complained about phoning the 0845 number the rude under qualified employee laughed and said he would reimburse me my £3.45 for being on the phone for 1hr9mins. Overall dissatisfied and majorly regret going with EE, 6months since joining- still no internet, therefore causing me to fall very behind with a £2500 course I am currently doing. Was also told today that I am only likely to receive between 2-4mbs when this is not what I paid for. As they are not following their part of the 'contract' I'm sure there is a way to egg out of the contract without paying them a further £35 cancelation fee. To say I am disappointed is an understatement!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    EE
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      2 stars
    • Speed
      2 stars
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    I purchased the package detailed and was delighted with the speed and reliability initially. However for over a month the speed has been dropping as low as 0.41 Mbps, bearing in mind I'm on an up to 49.7 Mbps fibre connection. EE continue leaving me voicemails at 5.00 pm after I e-mail them, informing them I work until 5.30 pm and can they contact me at 7.30 pm. On each occasion they agree to that, then call at 5.00 pm stating they are unable to assist me because they can't get in contact! Next stop is Ofcom.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    EE
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Awefull, for watching films constantly having to refresh. For online gaming latency so bad could not interact. Customer service repetitive with regards to performance of service. when I wanted to relinquish my contract they said I hadnt complained enough. Calling meant waiting in quees for twenty minutes at a time to finally be told department was closed. On the odd times I got through I would be cut off, allafter an 9 hour day at wor to come home and have to spend two hours on the phone with EE to diagnose problems with service and to relinquish my contract. service is terrible they ar offering a service they cannot deliver. Would not recommend in my wildest dreams.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    EE
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      2 stars
    • Reliability
      2 stars
    Comments
    I recently joined EE broadband and that was my biggest mistake i ever made. My line didn't go live when it was meant to. I had to keep ringing them. Every time i have rang them customer service has been very poor and it has taken average of 40 mins to get through a customer service. I thought Talktalk was bad but EE are even worse then Talktalk. Wouldn't advise anyone to join them. I am very disappointed with the service
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    EE
    Date
    Ratings
    • Speed
      3 stars
    Comments
    Absolutely shocking service from EE. Nearly every day i have to re-set my broadband router before waiting a few minutes for the connection to re connect. After numerous phone calls complaining all they do is say that the router is changing receives regular updates and this can cuase it to require re setting. This is the third router we have received and the problem continues! EE refuse to allow us to cancel our contract unless we pay the 'buy out' charge which is disgusting considering we havent actually been receiving the service that we have been paying for for over 6 months!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    EE
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    I would never never use EE agin. Initially I was given a price and a date for the installation and it did not happen. I was charged more and the engineer did not come. I had an email welcoming me and giving another date. The engineer did not come. Thus meaning I had now waited in, taking time off work twice. I went into my local EE store and a member of staff rang EE and they gave another date. The engineer did not come. After approx 2 months the engineer did come and since then I have had terrible broadband and telephone line. I phoned and complained and the person went through some checks saying she had changed the settings. If I have lots of work to do I pay and go out to an inter net cafe. On Sunday I had business documents to do and was up until 1am as it is so slow. The week since has been the same. Tonight I phoned EE, I have been cut off 3 times- after listening to their recorded message saying to go to their website , if this was possible to use the Internet to look at the website- difficult when you are ringing about a non Internet connection, which everyone who presses that series of buttons is. I finally, at my 4 th attempt got answered by a non English speaking person who then did not respond when I gave my number, even though I could hear background talking of the call centre. Then I got cut off. If you want a terrible Internet connection nod no ability to stream, plus non existent customer service, broken promises and over charging- this is ideal for you. My telephone line is also poor, it cuts people off and is often so feint I cannot hear the person who I am calling. Do yourself a favour and steer clear of EE.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    EE
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      3 stars
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Really bad, barely had it few day now and hardly had any signal from my broadband at all. I was promised of a good and reliable router with the signal speed of 19 to 23mbps, all I could get is 100 to 30kbps (old dialup strength) to put it bluntly it is dreadful considering I work in the video games industry which requires me use the internet to move and upload lots of data around. If anyone is looking wireless broadband I highly recommend you avoid EE's bright box simple horrible I only wished I stayed with BT I never had this problem with them.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    EE
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    I tried to download a film from sky today, and it took me 3 1/2 hours to do so, so I rang ee technical support, at least 6 times, as each time I called they disconnected the call, when eventually I managed to speak to someone, I was told I should have tried a speed test at the same time, I told them I can't connect more than 1 device to there bright box without it slowing right down, and crashing, no response, he then said I never told him that I couldn't,t connect more than 1 device at a time, well obviously I did, there answer was we will send you a new bright box. I would not recommend them to anyone, I have been with them just over a month, and wish I had never left sky broadband, I could connect 4 things at a time, and downloads took about 10 minutes!!! Avoid ee like the plague, useless company and useless customer services!!!!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    EE
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Gangsters, mis sold product,terrible customer service, rude and misinformed. Cant even believe they can get away with their conduct. They are the most complained about service for a reason.They lock you into a contract telling lies and then when you want to look into anything or have an issue your put on hold for up to an hour and a half. This issue has been ongoing for weeks and out of about 20 people I have spoken too none knew what was going on and most were rude and kept transferring me onto someone else.Actually in shock that they are a big legitimate company. Constant lies and incompetence

The reviews published on this page are those of the individual authors who have warrantied that they abide by our review guidelines. Reviews are not the opinion of Broadband.co.uk.

EE are not affiliated with Broadband.co.uk. This page does not constitute any affiliation between Broadband.co.uk and EE.