BT Broadband Reviews

Sometimes the best way to get a feel for a broadband provider is to read what those who are already customers think of the service they're receiving. Below are all the reviews we've received for BT.

Recent Customer Ratings for BT

• Satisfaction
    3.1 stars
  • Customer Service
    3.1 stars
  • Speed
    2.9 stars
  • Reliability
    3.1 stars

Based on 1333 customer ratings since 2023-05-20 (Show all time ratings)

Visit BT   Read our BT buyers guide

Ratings are left by users of our speed test as well as by reviewers. Recent star ratings summarise the last 12 months of ratings or the last 100 ratings placed, whichever is largest.

3,590 Customer Reviews over 359 pages

• Reviewer
    Reviewing
    BT
    Date
    Comments
    Ihave had this package for six weeks it has been unavalable on three occations for up to three days the current speed is 594% less than is avalable in my area the only thing that has been reliable is the apologies from there helplines i have a contract for 1 year i hope the next 11 months sees a vast improvement.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    BT
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      2 stars
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      2 stars
    • Reliability
      3 stars
    Comments
    The broadband speeds were originally terrible (30kbps for downloading files (upload speed) and 1mbps for browsing (download speed)) but have now increased to 250kbps upload and 1.5mbps download. These speeds are currently a lot less than BT state, also the spees drops during large file transfers. Their customer service is terrible when we called the helpline all the said was 'We cannot help'. They wanted to sell us BT vision by phone, it was an incovinient time, so we told them to call back later, they never did.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    BT
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    speed has dropped from a download of 1.8/2mps to 0.3mps and Bt helpdesk insist thisis because of distance from the exchange, 3.1km,as an BT pensioner I am seriously considering changing isp
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    BT
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Utter rubbish, 8 weeks we have been telling BT that even though we have a line speed of 5.5meg we can only dl at 1meg max. We are giving up and looking for another ISP. BT can’t/won’t fix this problem for us the India call centre have no clue full stop. Engineers keep saying it’s a software problem with BT Wholesale but India call centre keep sending engineers to property/exchange to perform the same checks over and over again. We could dl at 4.5meg then dropped overnight to 0.5meg. We can't move forward past the same processes. India technical support is the worst, only web based compliants proceedures available and no one calls you about your complaint. You get an automated email and you are left to be worn down and give up by the India call centre.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    BT
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      3 stars
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      2 stars
    Comments
    Been with them for three weeks and to say I'm disappointed is a understatement. Its like dial up very poor.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    BT
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      3 stars
    • Customer Service
      2 stars
    • Speed
      3 stars
    • Reliability
      5 stars
    Comments
    Although living less than a mile from the ADSL2 enabled exchange BT say 6.9 mb's is about my limit and supplying me with a 20mb line is pointless. All the shouting from BT about rolling out new high speed services seems somewhat over enthuisiastic.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    BT
    Date
    Comments
    most frustraing customer experience of my life. I pay for 8 meg and last year suddenly started getting below 1 meg. 6 months, 3 new hubs, countless hours wasted complaining and looking for imaginary faults with my computer and equipment, and many engineers visits later, I am still told that they can find no problem and it must be my fault. Words can't describe my utter contempt and loathing for their company. sickening.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    BT
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      5 stars
    Comments
    Extremely frustrating experience, speed drops frequently, customer service is run out of India.
    BT should be a flgship Britih provider, but they are sadly lacking in all areas of cstomer satisfaction.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    BT
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    In 12 months with BT I only got speed of 0.8 mbps. I was supposed to be able to get 3-5 megs but only got that speed when I complained, even then it lasted only a day or two before going slow again. They lied constantly, never gave anywhere near a good service and deliberately slowed the speed down to 0.13 mbps when they found out I was switching to someone else. Absolute rubbish service, product. They seem to be more concerned with advertising their products rather than providing a good, reliable service.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    BT
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Poor speed and disconnects of its own accord. Pay for 8mb and recieve a high 1.5, finally called BT and they said we where in a low demand area, although we are in a high competitive area, was also informed on upgrade the connection was due to be upgraded, this was 4 years ago???? Seriously considering changing to another provider

The reviews published on this page are those of the individual authors who have warrantied that they abide by our review guidelines. Reviews are not the opinion of Broadband.co.uk.