BT Broadband Reviews

Sometimes the best way to get a feel for a broadband provider is to read what those who are already customers think of the service they're receiving. Below are all the reviews we've received for BT.

Recent Customer Ratings for BT

• Satisfaction
    3.1 stars
  • Customer Service
    3.1 stars
  • Speed
    3 stars
  • Reliability
    3.1 stars

Based on 1352 customer ratings since 2023-04-27 (Show all time ratings)

Visit BT   Read our BT buyers guide

Ratings are left by users of our speed test as well as by reviewers. Recent star ratings summarise the last 12 months of ratings or the last 100 ratings placed, whichever is largest.

3,590 Customer Reviews over 359 pages

• Reviewer
    Reviewing
    BT
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    Comments
    total scam for top money. pidgeon would be better
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    BT
    Date
    Ratings
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    Comments
    It would seem that BT have mis-sold me their deal. I have Total broadband 2 package that should include the phone deals etc, but I find myself at odds with them on every bill date. The line rental bit is always misleading and way over priced. I asked for co-ordinated monthly billing, as BT were still charging me two lots of line rental. I still don't get monthly billing, every time I query this their replies are off hand and arrogant, and nothing has been resolved! I am seriously
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    BT
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Not good service...Call centre in India some where..They said it would be 10 years or more until I can expect a better speed I'm getting 1.3 Mbs and paying for 8 Mbs. I live 1.7Kilometers from the exchange...Not good
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    BT
    Date
    Ratings
    • Customer Service
      3 stars
    • Reliability
      3 stars
    Comments
    Having conducted your B/Band speed test i am taken aback by the 193% slower than available to me. I realise that there are quite a few factors to be taken into account and that the advertised download speed is not to be taken at face value however, 193% is, in any subscribers view, unacceptable. What i would like to know is, which ISP controls my local exchange (Lynemouth, Northumberland) as i have tried comparisons, ie; Orange, Talk Talk etc. and find that i can not get their package as advertised because they have to use someone elses system and pass the extra cost on, in order to provide me with B/Band, i suspect BT. To me, this is an anomally as everyone, no matter where they live should be able to get any package that is ADVERTISED. As far as connection is concerned, BT ADVERTISE that they have the best in the land, i say no. The times i have lost my connection is unbelievable compared to when i was with ORANGE aka WANADOO. Help???
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    BT
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      3 stars
    • Customer Service
      3 stars
    Comments
    Speed at best under 4mbps as opposed to the contract of 8mbps. Intermittant performance and various drop outs o occaisions.System needs to be greatly improved before I sign up again.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    BT
    Date
    Ratings
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      3 stars
    • Reliability
      3 stars
    Comments
    Almost impossible to contact BT when problems occur. Difficult to understand Indian call centre staff.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    BT
    Date
    Ratings
    • Customer Service
      4 stars
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      3 stars
    Comments
    Nothing but trouble - needed new land line installing, needed customer services to get modem working and to get wireless connectivity working (got no benefit from the "n standard speed" hub because had to downrate to 11 mbps at "g" to get wireless to work at all) and I only receive 0.9 mbps versus 6.5 mb promised.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    BT
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      3 stars
    • Customer Service
      3 stars
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      3 stars
    Comments
    I use to get Just over 6 at a previous address, this one seems very poor in comparison.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    BT
    Date
    Ratings
    • Customer Service
      4 stars
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      3 stars
    Comments
    Shocked and disappointed by the results of the speed test
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    BT
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      3 stars
    • Customer Service
      3 stars
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      3 stars
    Comments
    I really though I had bought a fast service but I tested it today after reading the reports in the press and instead of 8MB i had 0.8MB. Not good enough I will change supplier (currently BT)

The reviews published on this page are those of the individual authors who have warrantied that they abide by our review guidelines. Reviews are not the opinion of Broadband.co.uk.