BT Broadband Reviews

Sometimes the best way to get a feel for a broadband provider is to read what those who are already customers think of the service they're receiving. Below are all the reviews we've received for BT.

Recent Customer Ratings for BT

• Satisfaction
    3.1 stars
  • Customer Service
    3.1 stars
  • Speed
    2.9 stars
  • Reliability
    3.1 stars

Based on 1333 customer ratings since 2023-05-20 (Show all time ratings)

Visit BT   Read our BT buyers guide

Ratings are left by users of our speed test as well as by reviewers. Recent star ratings summarise the last 12 months of ratings or the last 100 ratings placed, whichever is largest.

3,598 Customer Reviews over 360 pages

• Reviewer
    Reviewing
    BT
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      2 stars
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      3 stars
    Comments
    In Feb 2011 I was getting a speed of 6909 since then it has dropped to 720
    I have contacted BT and cannot seem to get a improvement
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    BT
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Best performance is 1.8Mbps; the last 3 days 135Kbps; rang to complain got to Indian callcentre (english spoken very poor) may take 10 days to fix!!
    Poor service.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    BT
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      2 stars
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      2 stars
    Comments
    Awful, constantly lied to when phoning up. Speed was 4.3M for a few weeks then they decided that a paying customer should only have 2.8M Yet I am not a heavy user. These jokers give the min speed they have to.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    BT
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      2 stars
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Using the same equipment (Line,Computers & wiring ) as previous provider ( Plusnet ) but BTs' wireless Hub 3 - used wired Cat5 - my overall speed and 'reliability' and lack of tech support went from Bad to Appalling.
    New Delhi Call Centre is the best thing about BTs' "service" !
    Another "Non Customer Facing" outfit where THEY contact YOU, but YOU cannot contact THEM without devoting hours and hours to phone calls - email contact not allowed !!
    I have a 25% DOWNTIME record so far - and counting.....
    THEY (BT) are VERY GOOD at sending out BILLS - pity their service lacks value IMHO.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    BT
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      3 stars
    • Customer Service
      4 stars
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      4 stars
    Comments
    Good service from BT but cabling needs upgrading and therefore very slow broadband in the area
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    BT
    Date
    Comments
    BT, very disappointing. When the Broadband works I'm getting nearly 3 Mb (woohoo) - guess what? It's flaky as hell and drops to 1.4 Mb regularly which takes a really long phone call to India and escalation before (yet again) it's accpeted as an issue at the SP end and they sort it within 24 hours - during this time it drops to 1.4 Mb which doesn't support the BT Vision package (what I'm bloody well paying for!!!). BT - you really need to sort your 'stuff' out - my Mrs is totally against getting Sky but she's coming round to it very quickly....SKY HD, sports...footy...hmmm.... I'm telling you, you're gonna have to sort it out damn quick to keep me as a customer...
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    BT
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      2 stars
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    The very low speeds do not allow any training videos to be watched.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    BT
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    absolutely useless 20/02/2011 speed 0.13mbps they tell you engineer is working on it. no results on improvement since oct 2010. i will change asap
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    BT
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      3 stars
    • Customer Service
      2 stars
    • Speed
      2 stars
    • Reliability
      3 stars
    Comments
    Switched from Pipex to BT I was told it would be faster but no real difference. The switching process was awful BT in breech of contract twice legals pending. Customer service absolute chaos Mind you so was pipex, talk talk. No money has been invested in Axminster exchange for years total rip off for what you get.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    BT
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    A complete and utter waste of money. Poor speed of 58.Mbps. Terrible customer care/service and you get put through to India to people who can't understand a word you say. I am paying for a service that has crashed twice in a year,the first being a local exchange problem that took 10 days to fix, with lots of fobbing off by customer service in between.

The reviews published on this page are those of the individual authors who have warrantied that they abide by our review guidelines. Reviews are not the opinion of Broadband.co.uk.