Plusnet Broadband Reviews

Sometimes the best way to get a feel for a broadband provider is to read what those who are already customers think of the service they're receiving. Below are all the reviews we've received for Plusnet.

Recent Customer Ratings for Plusnet

• Satisfaction
    4.2 stars
  • Customer Service
    4.4 stars
  • Speed
    4.1 stars
  • Reliability
    4.2 stars

Based on 836 customer ratings since 2023-05-17 (Show all time ratings)

Visit Plusnet   Read our Plusnet buyers guide

Ratings are left by users of our speed test as well as by reviewers. Recent star ratings summarise the last 12 months of ratings or the last 100 ratings placed, whichever is largest.

3,751 Customer Reviews over 376 pages

• Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      4 stars
    • Reliability
      4 stars
    Comments
    When plus net is up and running it is reliable internet. However I have had a multitude of issues with them. I paid for fibre optic broadband and after 6 weeks the correct wall connection was installed. For a week I had wonderful fibre optic. The service then cut off. Plus net then told me fibre optic was unavailable in my area. I assured them it was and I had been using it, but they told me I was incorrect and then said I would have to have normal Internet. This then took an additional six weeks to be set up. The problem (told to me by the open reach man) was that I had been connected for fibre optic and so the wires had to be moved about on the street box back to normal broadband. So I could have had fibre optic all along. But I gave up on that in want of an easier life.

Months later I am moving house. I called to move the address and spent one whole hour on hold to speak to an advisor. When I got through I was told the associates who can help you move address only work until 8pm and there was nothing they could do. So I now have to call and be on hold another hour to move address. I am not exaggerating on hold times. They have the worst customer service I have ever experienced for broadband. I completely regret leaving EE. Don't go with them unless you know you won't be moving or requiring support with your broadband in any way at all!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      2 stars
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Hi,
    I have had plusnet for A long time I Put up with it for a while 2 years but I thought I might review it again after 2 years so hear goes:
    I have been receiving 2 mbps out of a predicted 20 mbps
    the service often goes out and crashes due to packet issues.
    the service fluctuates which seams not bad but I game as a hobby and getting 0.83 mbps that hops to 19.00Mbps at the top service?
    And I have no reply for 3 months or longer phone call then 5 mins
    I loved it for the first month then The server crashed thats where it all began.
    I use to be a big fan of plusnet But I think it's time to switch.
    TENSULP-- Yes folks, we're going backwards!
    help me.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    AVOID, AVOID, AVOID. A sub-division of BT and a truly appalling company. They were recommended by Which, so I took out broadband and phone package with them. Outrageously high rates for international calls – £43 plus VAT for an hour long off-peak phone call to France. Staggering. Customer service rude and offhand when I phoned to complain about disproportionate charge; tried to complain online and it is so fully automated you just reach a dead end; then they send you a customer satisfaction email asking how well they handled your complaint. About to lodge a complaint with Ofcom and also write to Which who really should not be recommending them. In addition, the broadband is extremely slow a lot of the time – slower than old style dial-up.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Awful! unreliable service. terrible customer service. spent hours and hours on the trying to get in touch with support. When finally succeeded, received very poor service. had to spend several days at home from work for technicians visits that did not solve the problems. tried to cancel service and switch to a more reliable provider. Had to spend hour on the phone to make it happen and received rude and unreliable service throughout. Stay away from Plusnet!!!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Me leaving a review says something as I usually don't bother with leaving reviews if I was slightly unsatisfied. However, Plusnet has been so incredibly awful that I just had to give my two cents. I booked plus net as I heard some good things about them. They charge a £50 installation but claim £50 cash back so thought that would be taken off straight away. My total bill was £75 and when I paid I waited for an email about the cash back. No email, so I called them. Was put on hold for about 1.5 hours to eventually speak to someone that couldn't handle me being slightly annoyed about my experience so far. He was quite rude but did cancel my subscription in the end as I had enough at that point. He guaranteed that I would not be charged for the £75. 2 days later, £75 came out of my account. I called them again, again put on hold for nearly an hour. The guy that answered didn't even give me a chance to say anything, was extremely rude from the start, interrupted me,... It's obvious that he had been complained at by other customers all morning, but I hadn't even complained about anything, I just asked about my charge. People like that should not be put on customer service. I wish I could make a complaint about just the guy individually but I don't want to be put on hold for another hour. Worst company ever!!!! Ended up going with Sky, as they seem way more reliable. Moving house is already so stressful, i really don't need a bunch of rude guys making it hard to just get broadband connected. Awful.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    plusnet dont even deserve single stars. service from start to finish was dreadful. keep me waiting 3 months to set up broadband and phone with countless excuses. broadband speed was never over 2mb. countless months of incorrect billing. and never keeping me informed of progress of problems. and if they didbother it was a feeble text even after being reassured i could speak to a person!! No matter what day or time you called the wait time was always 15minutes!!! So glad when contract ended. however getting refunded money owed to me was just as stressful. I Will never recommend them to anyone! They do not deserve their 'Which'award for customer service.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Sadly, i have to write a damming review of Plusnet for their home broadband service and quality.
    You could not make it up as to the poor servcie levels i have experienced and are still experiencing.
    After nearly 2 weeks of a disrupted service I am no further forward.
    Just finding their customer service telephone number (when you've not got an internet connection) is a massive headache.
    I had to personally wait over an hour to get through and they apologised saying they are trying to recruit more staff !
    My wife waited in for 6 hopurs and their Engineers did not even turn up.
    After tryign the live chat for 45 minutes i still made no progress, other than we'll call you.
    So i am left with no internet and no answers from Plusnet as to when they will fix the problem.
    As soon as i am out of this contract i shall change provider, even if it costs me more money per month.
    Plusnet are simply very poor, especially when things go wrong.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Comments
    All was well till I moved home. Line faults and road needs dug up, the fault of BT of course! Blackmailed into accepting callout charges, failure to communicate, promises re billing broken and the refusal to address the issues have left me wishing I'd never dealt with Plusnet. Plusnet blame BT, yet BT own Plusnet! It's not the speed of fixing the fault that upsets me, it's the lies & the lack of communication. Apparently Plusnet customer complaints department is offline so I can't even speak to them. I have lost all faith in what used to be a good company to deal with.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Many talks re. internet dropping --sometimes 6+ times a day --never resolved---they just want to send someone out for a hefty fee.Can't wait to leave them
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    My 75 year old mother was in hospital for 14 weeks. When she came out her plusnet phone had been cut off. Her community alarm is linked to her phone line so it needed to be reconnected urgently. I phoned plusnet 3 times and was kept on hold for between 25 and 45 mins each time before I spoke to an advisor. It took 3 calls to finally get the phone reconnected. We thought everything was okay until 4 days later we tried the Internet and found it had been blocked. It took another 2 calls with long holds each time and after another 2 hours we finally got the Internet reconnected. This was apalling customer service to a 75 year old terminally ill woman. Plusnet you should be ashamed!!

The reviews published on this page are those of the individual authors who have warrantied that they abide by our review guidelines. Reviews are not the opinion of Broadband.co.uk.