Plusnet Broadband Reviews

Sometimes the best way to get a feel for a broadband provider is to read what those who are already customers think of the service they're receiving. Below are all the reviews we've received for Plusnet.

Recent Customer Ratings for Plusnet

• Satisfaction
    4.2 stars
  • Customer Service
    4.4 stars
  • Speed
    4.1 stars
  • Reliability
    4.2 stars

Based on 836 customer ratings since 2023-05-17 (Show all time ratings)

Visit Plusnet   Read our Plusnet buyers guide

Ratings are left by users of our speed test as well as by reviewers. Recent star ratings summarise the last 12 months of ratings or the last 100 ratings placed, whichever is largest.

3,751 Customer Reviews over 376 pages

• Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Appalling experience. Left without broadband for 2 weeks after the engineer cancelled last minute. Then lost my old phone number from my old house as they failed to follow procedure. Nightmare experience. Sales team tells you all sorts but delivers none of it.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    worst internet provider , had at least 30 dropped connections a day , complained they then slowed my broadband speed to 186kbps by changing settings , now when i complain about speed they ignore me . my advice go elsewhere
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      4 stars
    • Customer Service
      4 stars
    • Speed
      5 stars
    • Reliability
      4 stars
    Comments
    Called to esolve an issue. A lkong waiting time of 15 minutes, but once sorted really helpful and kind staff.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Comments
    Affter being missold a package by another provider I thought I would give plusnet a try. The salesman was very polite, and I was given a go live date of 10 august 2015. Having not heard from plusnet by 11 august I telephoned plusnet, the person I spoke to informed me that I could use my previous providers router with plusnet, he then checked and informed me that the plusnet router had not been sent to me (this one day after my go live date). I then thought "if this is the level of service I receive before I get on line what would it be like if I proceed with plusnet? I cancelled my order with immediate effect. In spite of the flash advertisement concerning customer service I expierenced zero customer sevice and was relieved to be shot of them.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    plusnet are probabily the worst internet provider in london , or the world
    their customer support is almost nonexistant
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Customer Service
      3 stars
    Comments
    NIGHTMARE. My money had been taken away for nothing. I ordered a broadband from them, but since I don't have an existing line in my new place, I have to pay for line rental as well. However, they activated the line one month before the internet could go active, and charged me for a month line rental, which was basically useless since internet was not yet active. I asked for refund, but not a single duck is given! AVOID THIS COMPANY.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      2 stars
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    An awful service that has not performed as advertised since it was installed. 36 Mbps package has never got above 11 Mbps and I have spent days with an average speed of 3 Mbps.
    DO NOT BUY FROM THIS BROADBAND PROVIDER!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    On 12/3/15 I got email from PlusNet inviting me to pay 12months advance rental £155.88. I paid. On 2/7/15 I got email inviting me to pay 12months advance from 2/9 for £185.88. I have left PlusNet as my 12 months equals 6 months to them! Watch your emails! Looking back, I found they had done this before and I had paid without checking.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Comments
    Absolute rubbish. I left Sky thinking Plusnet would be cheaper. They ended up being really expensive and on numerous occasions my internet would just stop working, funnily enough around about 12.30pm on a Sunday night. They must think we're all in bed by midnight on a Sunday :) Their award winning customer service is useless as it only opens at 7.30am and you can't email them if you have no internet! Once you get an advisor on the phone. They talk you through all the steps that you already know to get the router working, but at a very slow pace so the call costs you more. I've now went back to sky, at least their internet connection was reliable. I just laugh at the Plusnet adverts on TV as it's a load of lies and nonsense.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      2 stars
    • Reliability
      2 stars
    Comments
    Been with plusnet for a couple of months and its been terrible, internet keeps stopping, slow speeds when it does work. Contacting customer service takes at least a hour to get an answer, paying for upto 38mb fibre and its a waste of time and money.

The reviews published on this page are those of the individual authors who have warrantied that they abide by our review guidelines. Reviews are not the opinion of Broadband.co.uk.