Plusnet Broadband Reviews

Sometimes the best way to get a feel for a broadband provider is to read what those who are already customers think of the service they're receiving. Below are all the reviews we've received for Plusnet.

Recent Customer Ratings for Plusnet

• Satisfaction
    4.2 stars
  • Customer Service
    4.4 stars
  • Speed
    4.1 stars
  • Reliability
    4.2 stars

Based on 836 customer ratings since 2023-05-17 (Show all time ratings)

Visit Plusnet   Read our Plusnet buyers guide

Ratings are left by users of our speed test as well as by reviewers. Recent star ratings summarise the last 12 months of ratings or the last 100 ratings placed, whichever is largest.

3,751 Customer Reviews over 376 pages

• Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Having applied online to Plusnet Broadband, and waited for an engineer on the three allocated days with no appearance. I decided to call their sales team to secure an installation date from an actual person.
    I was assured by Hannah, who was most apologetic, and assured me that my order was confirmed.
    Today I called and spoke to Russel Swift from the sales team to ensure the engineer was due over the next three days, only to be told they had no order with my my user name, password, post code or name.
    I asked to speak to a manager but apparently they were all busy, probably dealing with potential customers
    complaining.
    I have waited 30 days for my broadband to be installed with Plusnet, and after spending another 30 minutes tonight waiting to speak to anyone at Plusnet to give me an explanation or apology, I have decided your customer service claim is a joke.

Another potential customer gone. X
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    Comments
    Dreadful service. The only way of contacting them is by phone. I waited nearly an hour yesterday to report the fact that for a second time the engineer hadn't turned to to set up fibre broadband.

The online help desk are unable to do a single thing in such circumstances.

The order had been lost again. So i'm still waiting. No idea when it will happen.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      3 stars
    • Speed
      1 star
    Comments
    Iv been with few provider and never had any problems at all but these(plusnet ) are something els placed order paid money only for to get a e mail next day that my account was put on hold until i pay i rang up and they said they had no money from me and i had to pay over phone are prove it though a bank statement if the money has gone and then they would sort my order out, at this point i rang bank to confirm money had left then rang plusnet to cancel order and get money back as if this was a day in i didnt want to risk a long term contract after 20min i got though to be pasted to someone which i then had to wait another 30min im not sure weather they actually were capable enough to cancel my order properly time will tell i guess but il not be trying with them again just the wait to get though to them alone is a joke
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Comments
    Had high hopes but I can't wait for my 12 month contract to end so I can swap. Speed is soooo slow and forget trying to watch a film without the annoying circle appearing!

I hate to say this but the broadband from Talk Talk ( who I swapped from) was better!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Worst customer service ever, you wait over 30 mins to speak to someone and then they just tell you to ring another dept , engineer didn't turn up twice to install socket and then they charged me for a phone line i couldn't use! JUST AVOID, AVOID AVOID!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Worst ISP ever my internet has not worked for over a year and minusnet will not sort the problems. The customer service is useless. The high level support don't care. AVOID this company at all costs and it may save you a fortune.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      2 stars
    • Customer Service
      3 stars
    • Speed
      4 stars
    • Reliability
      2 stars
    Comments
    The installation was faultless. However, if you want to up grade your package or downgrade. You have to wait a full month before the change happens. There is a 30 min time limit on included international calls. If you go over this you get heavily charged for the call. The broadband speed is good however the signal isn't as reliable as it could be. When watching films you can tell that the bandwidth is being restricted as films don't play as well as at other times. The cost was ok as I paid in advanced. But I'm not sure if I stick with them.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Buyer BEWARE, stay away from this IPS company. Plus-Net was an absolute nightmare from the start. If you want really terrible internet service subscribe, I dare you. They'll do you proud by providing a terrible service right form the start. I moved from BT where the service was fine and right from the begining Plus-Net was awful. Engineer's didn't turn up twice, the wait time on fault phone calls lasted at worst, 50 mins. I did eventually achieve a down load speed of O.45mbps. The final straw was them being really sly about leaving and about when the 14 day cancellation period started and tried to charge £200 odd pounds for early termination.
    Worst experience i have ever had. I wish them every misfortune that comes there way.

Went to SKY they were the complete opposite and cheaper!!!

Thanks for four weeks of complete hell, you didn't do me proud. Wasters the lot of them.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      2 stars
    • Customer Service
      2 stars
    • Speed
      4 stars
    • Reliability
      2 stars
    Comments
    Loss of broadband daily. Suspect it's the router that Plusnet supplies.

Broadband speed was as advertised - so no grumbles, there.

When I cancelled, the guy I spoke with was dismissive and snotty.

Absolutely NO CHANCE of me going back to Plusnet, and don't recommend them.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Plusnet
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Plusnet are absolutely awful in terms of there service provision and customer service. Our boradband dropped from 1.3 meg to 0.4 meg and has become more unreliable at the seem time. Any contact with customer services has been dreadful. All of their responses are designed to delay and put you off. We have waited over an hour on a number of occasions just for them to answer our call and then any promised actions do not work, but you are told to wait 72 hrs for "things to settle down"!!! We have been very patient and tried to keep to the process but it has just led to increasing frustration because they do not care about customers. I would strongly recommend that you DO NOT sign up with Plusnet based on my experience.

The reviews published on this page are those of the individual authors who have warrantied that they abide by our review guidelines. Reviews are not the opinion of Broadband.co.uk.