Virgin Media Broadband Reviews

Sometimes the best way to get a feel for a broadband provider is to read what those who are already customers think of the service they're receiving. Below are all the reviews we've received for Virgin Media.

Recent Customer Ratings for Virgin Media

• Satisfaction
    3 stars
  • Customer Service
    2.8 stars
  • Speed
    3.2 stars
  • Reliability
    3 stars

Based on 993 customer ratings since 2023-05-09 (Show all time ratings)

Visit Virgin Media   Read our Virgin Media buyers guide

Ratings are left by users of our speed test as well as by reviewers. Recent star ratings summarise the last 12 months of ratings or the last 100 ratings placed, whichever is largest.

4,684 Customer Reviews over 118 pages

• Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Absolutely disgrace and disgusting service and company. Charging my father whose in poor health condition a phone bill that was off for 6weeks. My father has been in hospital for a long time only to come home to a phone bill from virgin media charging him a large amount even tho his phone was off for 6 weeks due too poor wiring. I have reported the problem twice within 6weeks and nothing was done. So how nice of virgin media to give him a bill for something he has used. Never use this company they are a disgrace
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      2 stars
    • Speed
      2 stars
    Comments
    Broadband slow and flakey, dipping out frequently. Customer service even worse than the broadband itself. Can't get hold of anyone. Online chat usually unavailable, phone takes hours to get through and then you get cut off. Poorest service I have ever experienced. Cancellation is in the post.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Shocking buffering. The signal doesn't even reach upstairs in my tiny house. Cannot wait to leave. Stay we'll away from them
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Comments
    No ratings to award as the most incompetent company in media history. Impossible to contact even head office have not responded to my letter of gross misconduct and extremely dangerous practice leaving exposed cable on a public pavement! Which incidentally they trespassed on my land to weave the cable through in order to provide broadband to my neighbours! Nothing like blatant cheek! Last resort now contact Cisas again and local tabloids This bunch of cowboys left cable on top of my garden , dug up my flagging and just left rubble. No one is taking responsibility for the siting of the junction box outside my Home passing the buck from virgin to Oldham Council ping pong! Could it be due to payments involved with LA? For allowing siting of virgin junction boxes?? All abdicating responsibility. Absolutely atrocious lying company told me I could landline with virgin however engineer stated never in a month of Sunday’s as no provision! Thank god I didn’t go ahead with their installation not that it was feasible anyway according to the engineer! Too dangerous after leaving exposed cables lying in view and obstructing pavement.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      3 stars
    • Reliability
      2 stars
    Comments
    One of the worst customer services and super unreliable promisses the give.
    I've their customer for last 11 years and everytime i contact customer servive i want to leave them
    Once they have disconnected me to connect my neighbough as they had a priority as a new customer and it took me 3 weeks to get a slip to be reconnected!!!
    Now i moved home and waiting 4!!! Weeks to get a coneection moved. Got the date eventually and them they just cancelled on me without even informing me. So the date was moved for another week and what hapeneed- they simply did not show up and did not contact me at all!!!
    What a rubbish company with no customer in mind
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    It is very bad customer service and non reliable broadband which are not suitable for a business.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Virgin Media is a terrible broadband provider with little support to give you when the WiFi constantly goes down in the area. We have the better option with speed boosters around the house and the WiFi struggles to make it up the stair every so often everyday the WiFi will disconnect with the support team giving no help
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    The worst internet provider. Very slow at times and occasionally no internet at all. Very, very poor connectivity to few rooms only. Cannot get anybody on phone to complain.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      3 stars
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    The worst service ever. Customer service peoples are of no help can't help you with any queries you have. Even the executive team are too slow. I kept on chasing them got no reply. You asked them for a solution they cut your line off thats how they treat their customers.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      3 stars
    • Reliability
      2 stars
    Comments
    The worst provider in the world! I was overcharged from day double the bill when I had a written email confirmation confirming my contract for twelve months. After thirty calls to them over the course of 9 months, one guy did find where I was being charged ( £63for a service that was supposed to be free for three months) I called again to see if my refund had been processed, the lady said a refund was not requested! I have been charged late payment fees of 10£ whenever I’d be late to pay my bill, I had direct debit set up but when they overcharged me a few months I decided to stop it! Horrible service and horrible provider! Never again will I use them! Back to Sky!!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      3 stars
    • Reliability
      2 stars
    Comments
    This company is all about draining your money. Worst customer service I have ever received plus it didnt even get resolved.
    Customer service people dont care what your problem is and I think they are only told to keep it straight (dont help just get rid of the customer off the phone) technique. No matter how much you try to explain them they will give you the same answer.

I complained and asked to speak to a manager and was told that the manager had declined to speak and the only option was to lodge a complain and wait for theie answer within 48 hours which never happens. And when you call again that no one called me in 48 hours, then again same answer (lodge a complain and this time someone will get back to you by 48hours). Which again didnt happen and you end up calling again.

Then I raised a complaint via a 3rd party who were able to get me some compensation based on my experience. I recommend everyone do this. (I hope you guys can get to end of this but I couldnt). I phoned up to complain and asked to cancel my contract and was told it would cost me more than my actual contract costs me to disconnect! Which is again shocking (Hence, my first comment that this company is all about draining your money).

BE CAREFULL GUYS before joining this ****** company and most importantly if you dont want to have headache and loose money for nothing.

Their customer service is the worst you will ever experience.

Virgin Customer
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      4 stars
    • Reliability
      4 stars
    Comments
    I've had an absolute nightmare of a time with Virgin Media. I only signed up 2 months ago and already they incorrectly sent me a bill for £83. When speaking with the Customer Service team, I asked them 4 times why my bill was £83 and every single time, they told me I had to pay the £83 to clear my balance (which was quite obvious. They didn't understand my question at all, I spoke to 3 different people and all of them said the exact same thing (word for word) until finally one person said it was because I have to pay 2 months in advance, which I wasn't made aware of in the beginning. I then wanted to change my direct debit date to come out the day after my pay day as it currently comes out the day before my pay day, so I paid the £83 and was told once it had updated (within 12 hours) I can change the direct debit date. It still hadn't updated 2 days later so I spoke to another representative who told me I had to pay one month in advance to change the direct debit date. After all of this, I told them I wanted to leave them, they told me I had to pay £280 to leave. Absolutely disgusting.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Daughter in a student house, trying to revise along with the others. Wi-Fi drops out all the time and is out for hours/days. Customer care asked several questions a normal person would not know the answer too. If not a box problem then 150.00 charge. Rebooted etc and still not worked and followed the fault finding instructions so assume it is the box. Would never use virgin media again. Most unhelpful in all departments
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      3 stars
    Comments
    Props to the virgin media for having one of the best but scummiest business model in the world. Customer service is phenomenal as well, I got passed around from person to person like a cheerleader in a sports team, giving security information 4 times because every person got fed up with me for trying to get a better deal.

I'm paying £33 for 50Mbs package but because it's wireless it's only 30. After an hour long call with them I accepted the fact that I will never ever get 50mbs but I will still have to pay an absurd price for it.

I was trying to cancel my contract and there's a fee so I thought I had to wait a year. Turns out, THEY CHANGED IT SO THAT THE CONTRACT IS 18 MONTHS, HOW CONVENIENT! They just take more and more money from me but never give back.

I've been a customer for 3 years and there's literally no room for negotiation anymore, everything is so conveniently made so that they make as much money as possible before you can change and make your life better, it's horrible and I sincerely hope that they change or else I will just move after the convenient 18 months! 12 months contracts have been around forever until now it's insane.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      2 stars
    • Speed
      2 stars
    Comments
    Never buy broadband from virgin media. I was previously with sky which was horrible and overpriced so i switched to the virgin media "264mbps super reliable" package. The only time that I ever got that speed was on the first day I got it installed. Since then i have never gotten that speed, the highest i have gotten since then is 120 mbps - 150 mbps. it sounds okay but it is so inconsistent, most days it will go down from the lowest i have got which is 0.36 mbps to 10 mbps, this isn't uncommon to happen like I said it happens most days multiple times per day. I put the customer service at 1 star because i have tried calling virgin media about the broadband issue, they told me it was an issue in my area and it will be fixed in a few days, it's been over a month now and it is still the same. The person on the phone put us on hold probably 7 or 8 times and on the last time they did, they left it for about 5 minutes and the next thing i know i hear the hang up noise. Yes a person supposed to help me lied and hung up. Not recommended, don't buy virgin media broadband.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Comments
    Horrible customer service!! Especially the advisor from faults department should learn how to speak to the customers. My broadband isn’t working effectively. I have been said that, we pay for the wire connection and so WiFi is not guaranteed as per the terms and conditions. That’s the way it is and I should accept it. I have to put up with the connection. If this was mentioned by the sales team, I wouldn’t have dared to accept the connection.
    They never log the calls. So please beware of Virgin Media. I can’t change the provider as I am tied to 12 month contract. If it continues I would rather be ready to pay to break the contract for such an atrocious provider and customer service.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      4 stars
    • Reliability
      3 stars
    Comments
    I was a long-term customer with VM and recently switched over to BT. I had agreed on a date to close my account with VM, with at least 2 VM personnel. VM subsequently sent me a bill charging for services after this date, as they stated the account was closed on a later date. On phoning VM to explain the situation, the VM personnel tried to waiver this charge but couldn't since I was no longer an existing customer, and advised I email their customer service, which I did. Two weeks later, I had a reply from VM to state that as they provided services to the later date, the charge was valid, and the money has been taken from my account. They therefore considered the situation to be resolved.

This shows a complete lack of regard for customers and a flawed customer service procedure, ignoring the issue the customer is raising and taking their money before further dialogue! As someone who has to carefully budget constantly (buying this from ebay/charity shops, hardly ever buying new clothes for myself and my children, looking for supermarket offers during weekly grocery shopping), I resent a big corporate company like VM taking my hard earned money in this manner. Surely Mr Branson, you can do better than that!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Virgin's High speed broadband service has left me with severely low expectations. Would not recommend any of their services to anyone, not even someone I hate. It is bad!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      2 stars
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      5 stars
    • Reliability
      5 stars
    Comments
    When virgin works it works incredibly well, but when something goes wrong it is impossible to get a clear indication of policy let alone a resolution. I booked an installation at a new house and asked for my service to be terminated at the current one at the end of the month, it was turned off mid month - all three services phone broadband and tv - when you work from home the first two are imperative - the third not so much. When I phoned on the Friday I was told it was a network fault and just coincidental- on Saturday it wasn’t a network fault but they had disconnected me and would need to fill in a reconnection form which could take UP to 72 hours - Tuesday - they were sorry it had yet to happen but would guarantee that it would be back on inside of 24 hours - 24 hours later- the wrong form had be used and she would now fill out correct form and it would be done in 72 hours - one week later we still wait. I have asked for this to be escalated but there is never anyone higher available to speak to. On a positive note the staff are all friendly and no matter how irrated you get they remain calm - I am guessing practice does make perfect! They should put their technical guys on the same course!

All in all I wonder if just cancelling the lot and going elsewhere would be quicker - virgins broadband speed is awesome - customer service - aweful!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    The Virgin Media 100 meg service is simply just rubbish. I upgraded from a 50 meg service that was rock solid to a really bad 100 meg service that rarely goes beyond 50 meg. The technical support personnel can hardly speak or understand english and we are simply getting ripped-off. I will shortly be moving away from Virgin Media to BT infinity and suggest that everyone on this rip-off service do the same. I wonder if Richard Branson knows what's going on and how much damage this service is doing to his brand. Where's the zero star selection?
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      4 stars
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    I using the 500mb/s plan. Last Monday (30/05/2022) my router break down then I use the apps booked the appointment at Saturday (04/06/2022). I was waiting hold day Saturday but no show. When I check the appointment by the apps. My appointment is cancelled! I call to the customer service try to know what happen is it. They tell me they don't know! So they let me to book an appointment one more time in Thursday(09/06/2022).
    When I check the appointment by the apps and website at Monday! They cancel my appointment again! I call to customer service I only have the same answer from them! Ok~ I book one more time in Friday (10/06/2022)! Then fxxking funny is when I check in the Tuesday morning, that appointment is cancelled again! What is the **** service they have? I call to them again, this time they give me an answer is, the engineer will send a SMS to me to confirm the appointment but they used the wrong mobile number to send so at the end they cancel it. But when I question to them why they using a wrong contact number in my account? I'm keep using my number over 10years haven't change and I check my Virgin account in the same time. I find the contact number in my account nothing wrong. At the end that customer service (Jausar) haven't give me any satisfactory answer and the sound like so fxxking funny to ask me did I still want to book the appointment to fix my router in Saturday(11/06/2022) or not!
    Ok~ I lost coz I need the broadband back! But I'm very angry with thier service! I 100% is going to other broadband company like BT! Then I'll never go back to use this company any service!

500mbs plan but download speed less then 100mbs! Upload only 30-45mbs! This is the speed!

If you need to call to their customer service you must turn on the record by your phone to record all what they promise or anything. If you have anything problems like me. This can proof what you got from their services.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      2 stars
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      4 stars
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Not very reliable had it now go down within 4 months twice. Right hand doesnot know what left hand is doing. They will only give credit if its been down over 24 hours, service bad thinking of leaveing them.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      2 stars
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      3 stars
    • Reliability
      2 stars
    Comments
    The broadband and the tv hasn't been working for over 5 days now and there has been no help from the customer service apart from falsely guaranteeing that the problem will be fixed by x date.

When you call them, sometimes it is connected to India and sometimes to somewhere in UK and no one is willing to take responsibility for what the other have said. There is no form of accountability and the response time is appalling. Now I need to wait further 4 days for the technician to come and solve my problem.

Having to wait over a week just to get the services (TV and internet) that I have paid for in this day and era is shocking!

When you ask to terminate the services- I am told that I will be charged for the remaining months of my contract which I feel in this situation is wholly idotic so it's through their own fault that I am having to take this action. The only grounds of termination I am permitted is, as I was told when I called them, if I had 3 faults within a month (there is no limit to the length of the fault- it could be from few hours or couple of days). So that fact that services hasnt worked for over a week this month should have been suitable grounds for termination but it wasn't to be.

Would not recommend.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      3 stars
    • Reliability
      2 stars
    Comments
    Worst company I had to deal with.
    I agreed for a one year contract for Broadband 100Mbps for £32/month.
    Meanwhile I became a Virgin Mobile customer too.
    After 9 months I received an email informing me the price will go up with £3 after the one year contract period will be over.
    Opened my bank statement and realized I am paying £41 per month(this is £9 more!).

So after more then one year of being with Virgin Media and also opening another account with them, not only that I have to pay more for the exact same product, but I am being charged without previously being informed.

Plus you I am enjoying the experience of being called a few time a month by the sales team.

Can not wait for the day I will close all my accounts with Virgin Media.
    Well done, Virgin Media!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      4 stars
    • Customer Service
      4 stars
    • Speed
      4 stars
    • Reliability
      4 stars
    Comments
    Had to switch to Virgin Media very recently from Sky as I moved to a new area I found that Sky and even other Broadban Providers could not offer more than 11mb However by going to Virgin Media on their Broadband only package I was able to opt out of home landline as I never use it and went for 100mb Broadband. I must say for the money you get a very good fibre optic speed.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      4 stars
    • Customer Service
      4 stars
    • Speed
      5 stars
    • Reliability
      4 stars
    Comments
    Just upgraded(for free)from possible 2Mbps to 10 Mbps. Test showed speed as 9.45 Mbps. Most satisfactory!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    TLDR; Avoid this company at all costs!
    If you're unfortunate to be with Virgin already and have technical problems, call 08000527553 to skip the customer service waiting queue nightmare to go to the second line technical team directly (they answer in less than a minute).

My personal experience
    I've been plagued with issues with their internet since October 2020, and have literally spent 20+ hours, in the month of February alone, over the phone with them to try and explain my problems. We're now in March, I still don't have internet working properly and I can't wait for my contract to expire to move to another provider.

Horrendous customer service
    The customer service is a complete mess: getting someone over the phone is a lot more difficult than it should, probably to deter clients from calling. When I want to speak with someone, I often end up with an automated voice sending me a link on my mobile to "troubleshoot my broadband connection issue".

Technical nightmare
    When you finally manage to have someone over the line, they force you to go through meaningless troubleshooting ("turn off and on your router") even though the issue is unrelated, because they do not have the proper technical knowledge (I have a signal SNR issue where the connection is up and down, disconnecting multiple times per day). They've sent a different engineer 5 times at my property: 2 times my isolator was replaced (and nothing else) and 2 times the engineers said the issue was with the network team, not them (one even refused to get out of his car claiming he didn't bring any face mask and only discussed by phone). At some point, I managed to get the second line technical team phone number (08000527553) and avoided discussing with the technical team (150 or 03454541111), which saved time as they only kept asking me to reboot my router to make it work.
    When the issue is finally raised to the proper team, don't think this will solve anything: this team has closed my fault ticket 7 times (!!) between the 26 January and the 4 March wrongly claiming my problem was fixed, and everytime I had to go through the hassle of re-explaining my issue (when I managed to have someone over the phone) and opening a new fault ticket.

Lack of any type of compensation/alternative solution
    Also, be warned that Virgin has a policy to only give you some credit back if you have a total loss of service for more than 72 hours. If you manage to be connected only one hour per day during this period, they will not compensate you in any form: the customer service department tells you their hands are tied and that you need to ask the technical team to raise a compensation request, but the technical team tells you they have no control over the compensation claims anyway because it's an automatic process. I have been using my 3G data non-stop since the 27th of February (we're the 11th of March and it's still not working) to work from home, but my claims are denied (because apparently there may have been internet an hour or so here and here). If like me, you don't have internet at all, don't even bother asking Virgin for some alternative solution (mobile broadband, mobile phone 4G credit, etc...) as they cannot (or won't) help you in any way.

Complains are ignored
    I've raised several complains but the compliance department doesn't even bother calling you back (even though I'm told they will call back within 5 days over the phone). "Escalating" the issue doesn't even make a difference, expect that someone tells you the compliance department will call you back within 48 hours (but they don't).
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      3 stars
    • Customer Service
      3 stars
    • Speed
      5 stars
    • Reliability
      5 stars
    Comments
    Really enjoyed being with Virgin, they managed to set me up in my new flat before I had even moved in which was awesome. Just bought a new apartment so moving out and because they don't service the area (still in the city center...) they are charging me to cancel my contract. While this is total BS because they can't deliver on the service/contract and I can't take them with me, what really was a bad joke was the upsell! After telling me I had to pay to cancel the customer service rep tried pitching me a dongle contract, mobile contract and suggested I tell my friends about virgin so we both get 50 quid! haha unbelievable. Aside from that bad joke of disconnecting early, the service was brilliant, super fast internet at a reasonable price.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      3 stars
    • Reliability
      3 stars
    Comments
    Do not join Virgin under any circumstances. We left after being with them for 18yrs or more, we left them as they kept putting the prices up to what became ridiculous. We found it quite traumatic to leave, it took me about 40mins. When I was told by the agent he would go and put into action my request to leave, he left me on the telephone for 15mins in which there was just silence. Although they said they would give telephone details to my next provider the provider concerned said virgin would not release the number to them and they have had lots of problems with Virgin in releasing the said number. This number had been in my family for 45 yrs. The also cut our telephone off a week earlier than the should have done.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      3 stars
    • Reliability
      2 stars
    Comments
    Today I had the kahuna package installed. From my experience I have had I think anyone thinking of Virgin media should think again. I left Sky TV thinking I was getting a good deal, and I regret it. I had help and consideration with sky, but Virgin are the worst company I have ever dealt with. Their engineers disrupted my existing terrestrial TV reception and the company refused to send them back to rectify what they had done. Now it will cost me to supply an TV engineer to correct their mistake. What with promising me the wrong discount and their different promises I can only say keep away from Virgin media if you want a stress free life.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      2 stars
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Wished I hadn't left sky all the hype Virgin dish out does not meet up to the advertising. Broadband very slow. TV useless. Phone very bad crackly line,no tone on phone to inform you that a message has been left. I have now had to pay to have evening and weekends added to my package as daytime calls are very very expensive.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Virgin Broadband is terrible! I switched from Sky to Virgin broadband on the basis that they contractually guaranteed faster speeds. After waiting weeks, they drilled a hole in my wall, stapled down cables and installed their router. The download speeds in every room other than the room where they installed the router dipped to around 6mbps download speed. I complained to Virgin and they said they could fix the issue if I paid £8 extra a month for Wi-Fi boosters in each room.
    My experience with Virgin has been terrible. I’m paying more for worse download speeds. I honestly wish I had never switched from Sky.
    I do not work for and I am not in anyway affiliated with Sky or Virgin.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      2 stars
    • Customer Service
      2 stars
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    One word. Crooks. Virgin media is the crook of the year. High fees with low internet speed. When I filed a complain about my on going slow speed, I was told if the speed suffice when they do their assessments, they will issue my refunds. (I pay for 350 MB download speed, I get 80 MB on lucky days, the minimum I should get is 180MB as said on the contract). Coincidentally on the week they test my network, my network speed exceeds 375 MB....no issue was given except the fine that was given in for putting in cancellation notice a month before my contract ends.

In terms of network reliability, expect a wifi cut out in the middle of your movie.

Customer Service was somewhat ok, it's not really their fault, they do try to help. Some however, seems pretty clueless. I hope this post saves you the trouble.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    very rude staff and unwilling to help customer.. over charging and every one of member speak diffrent for one common question lack of knowledge or just dont give a dammmm care...not recomend to any one very poor service.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      2 stars
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      2 stars
    • Reliability
      3 stars
    Comments
    first of all -the positive- when it works, it's very good value. However, When it doesn't, you learn what a cowboy operation VM is.
    Our installation took three attempts. And even then not done to our satisfaction. It was simple - come to the house, connect us with a new cable from street to house and clearly hide it under the garden.. engineers really took the mickey -many excuses..not knowing they needed cable, not knowing they needed to dig! Final time I called customer service in advance and said if not executed properly we'd cancel. Message got through. Engineer acknowledged he was there to dig (had a shovel and all)... but the sly git just dug at front of garden then ran the cable hidden through a hedge to the side of house. Cowboys!
    That for me was all I needed to know about VM. Said to self rather than keep calling, we'd sit out contract then jump ship. Was on a good deal so no probs sitting out.
    So for last 18 months....Tv service (TiVo) really slow. And we are in an 'over-utilised' (AKA they've taken on more customers than bandwidth can manage) area. Our whopping 200mb connection hits the dizzy heights of about 150 at around 4am and languishes at about 5-20 pretty much whenever we actually need to use it in evenings and weekends. Some Other customers fare much worse than this. Virgin simply fob people in areas such as this off for months, sometimes years. Anything else this mis-sold would be earning me compensation by now...
    So, PLEASE check virgin forums to see if your area is overutilised-virgin will not tell you...
    In summary -we're ready to jump ship now, and if it helps to put things in perspective, we will be moving to an openreach provider giving 22meg. (Only around 10% of what virgin offer for same price) Because we know that if we don't get that we can cancel. With virgin, you're trapped and they know it.
    Having worked in customer services /marketing would say Virgin is all words, no action. I'd guess their engineers are just targeted on number of visits, not actually fixing things and that customer service are there to take calls, not do what customers want. So classic activity over customer outcome.
    Companies like that only really take notice when they stop making so much money. I look forward to facilitating that process.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    Comments
    I have a gigabit line and problems with Wifi signal in my house, they sent an engineer out to have a look, the engineer said I need 3 boosters to get full signal, due to the type of house.

Instead of solving the problem and sending me out the boosters they’re now telling me to struggle for another week then they’ll send one, after that one they want me to struggle for another week before they’ll send me a second one, then stuggle for a third week and they’ll send me a third.

What sort of backward company is this?? Why not just solve the problem? You know what’s needed, your own engineer confirmed it. Just solve the issue!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Don't expect anything from virgin. I had broadband outages, phone line outages and then when you need to call someone to sort anything out, the calls go to call centres in Europe and you would get disconnected through the conversation. You know what's worse they don't call you back so you have to go through the same process again. The absolute worst company. DO NOT GO WITH VIRGIN UNLESS YOU WISH TO WAIT FOR HOURS ON THE PHONE AND THEN GET DISCONNECTED
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Virgin Media failed to refund me after I left their service. Nearly 2 years have passed since I informed them, the cheque never arrived and customer service hung up as soon as you explained the situation for them. NEVER EVER USE VIRGIN MEDIA. THEY ARE A BIG SCAM COMPANY.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      3 stars
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      3 stars
    • Reliability
      4 stars
    Comments
    What I really dislike about this company is the Customer Service. When attempting to change my contract recently it took 90 minutes on the phone and nine times I had to request the change before they would actually do it. When something goes wrong with my service I shudder at the thought of having to phone them. Come on Virgin Media - you wouldn't get away with this behaviour in any other industry - sort yourselves out and treat customers with service, respect and dignity.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      2 stars
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      3 stars
    Comments
    Don't trust their advertised speeds. I pay for 200 mb/s but I only ever see just under 100 mb/s. 100 mb/s is fast but I don't trust Virgin when they promise, and I pay for, and they simply don't deliver

The reviews published on this page are those of the individual authors who have warrantied that they abide by our review guidelines. Reviews are not the opinion of Broadband.co.uk.