Virgin Media Broadband Reviews

Sometimes the best way to get a feel for a broadband provider is to read what those who are already customers think of the service they're receiving. Below are all the reviews we've received for Virgin Media.

Recent Customer Ratings for Virgin Media

• Satisfaction
    3 stars
  • Customer Service
    2.8 stars
  • Speed
    3.2 stars
  • Reliability
    3 stars

Based on 963 customer ratings since 2023-05-20 (Show all time ratings)

Visit Virgin Media   Read our Virgin Media buyers guide

Ratings are left by users of our speed test as well as by reviewers. Recent star ratings summarise the last 12 months of ratings or the last 100 ratings placed, whichever is largest.

4,684 Customer Reviews over 118 pages

• Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      2 stars
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      3 stars
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Over the years I've had hours and days of very slow service when in G11. When moving house they charged a fee for less than 30 day notice - just a boardroom way to sqzeeze more money out of customers imho - and customer service is poor - probably not having English as a first language is going to be a hindrance - but I need clear concise answers to questions, I just glaze over and have to say - I didn't understand can you summrise that in a short sentence plase.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    The worse ever broadband provider ! Charging me for second tv box when I actually have only one TV at home , how t hell will use 2 tv box with 1 TV , absolutely ridiculous!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    If I can I will give them -5 stars. Customer service is horrible! They apply charges for everything! Broadband speed sucks! For 10 pounds I got a new internet from a small provider. Virgin Media is not a proper company to do business with unless all you do on the internet is check the weather.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      2 stars
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      3 stars
    Comments
    Nowhere nearer the performance I am paying for yet they'll happily up my bill.
    Upon complaining told area is over subscribed and is being investigated (area 20) but nothing has changed for years.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Since joining Virgin Media for broadband I have experienced poor service. Took deal in Nov 2015 to have price increase a month later! Wouldn't mind if service was reliable and within agreed speeds! Look to get 5mbps most days during peak times (what ever that means). Virgin not bothered at all usual rubbish about over utilisation on my area, would be interested to find out just how much of virgins network is over utilised and how they get away with advertising speeds upto 200mbps when they can not consistently provide a stable speed of near 5mbps. Customer service, what customer service, they have no standards and follow no set procedures. Steer clear of this train reck of a company or you will regret it.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      2 stars
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Virgin media, what can you say? The used to be a credible company when it was virgin mobile, now they are truely awful, yea the broadband isnt too bad.. but its expensive as hell. worth it? I wouldnt say so. If you have an issue, which you will... youll have to be ignored, hung up on... and just pushed round in circles. Don't bother. If you want awful customer service...dont pay a premium for it. The tv service is slow, expensive and out dated.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      5 stars
    • Customer Service
      5 stars
    • Speed
      5 stars
    • Reliability
      5 stars
    Comments
    There seem to be a lot of horror stories about Virgin Media, but I have had a Broadband package with them for 3 years or so and never had a problem. The price is going up from next month (for the first time since contract started), but by less than 10%. I don't consider that unreasonable.
    There are occasional issues if you're too far from the router (standard) but the service is consistent and reliable with multiple devices connected all around the house.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    Comments
    Appalling customer service. My deal came to an end and six weeks prior to the end of the contract I notified Virgin Media that I would be terminating my contract. VM then offered a new deal and tried to get me to sign up. I said that I would shop around and get back prior to the end of my contact. I rang two weeks prior to the end of the contact and was given a further reduction. I was then put through to retentions who then told me that they were reneging in both deals. I was shocked that the company offered a deal but refused to honour it. They said the colleague who offered the deal would ring back with 28 days - well after the date I required a phone line and broadband.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    I have been with Virgin media for three months and had nothing but issue. My phone has been blocked three times in one month despite me calling in every time to remove the block. I get told it is for my own protecting because my phone bills are high. Three times I have confirmed that the usage is verified and I can pay the bills and have been doing so yet they still bar it?

Despite me not being able to use my phone I am informed that I have to pay £250 to get out of my contract?

The service is terrible, the automated system is terrible and the customer services representatives when you finally get through are rude! I have never had these issues with Sky or BT, I have requested for my account to be canceled, I will not be recommending them and will make it known just how bad the service really is.

Oh and my phone is still blocked, lets hope there is no emergencies!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      2 stars
    • Speed
      3 stars
    • Reliability
      2 stars
    Comments
    We're leaving Virgin after 14 years as the service has dipped over the last couple of years and we're now paying through the nose for poor service. For two years they kept me on a 30mbps service despite telling me they had upgraded my line, but that was adequate for my needs. The biggest problem is wifi has become unreliable over the last 2 years. I'm frequently having to reboot the router and often find myself tethering to mobile instead. I expect the router hasn't't kept up with home tech but despite repeatedly calling CS for help, they never offered to upgrade it. Virgin Media only offered a new router the day I phoned to cancel, but by then I'd already signed up to a new broadband deal at close to half the price. Staying loyal to Virgin has cost me a fortune. Now that I'll have an OpenReach line (which everyone else uses) into my house, I'll be in a better position to review regularly and stay on the best pricing.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      3 stars
    • Reliability
      3 stars
    Comments
    We have been with Virgin media for 7 years. The price keeps going up. So we wanted to change supplier. We got a phonecall by a guy called Adam from virgin media and he offered £26 per month with 2 months free. So we decided to stay with Virgin media. A big mistake!! We thought we didn't need to pay for 2 months,but we received an online bill a month later to say we needed to pay £64.62 covering previous month bill plus £10 late payment charge plus a month bill in advance. Ok, paid for that. Then ring the customer service, found out there was no such things as 2 months free as offered. What a con!! Talked to a lady called rebecca in complaint team and she said they would sort it out and Adam would ring me. However, nobody contacted us afterwards. Now we received another email that we had to pay £26 for this month. Rang customer service, a lady called Nicole said she would sort it out in 48 hours!? She couldn't wait to hang up the phone when I was asking her when and how I could know she would sort it out since the bad experience. What a customer service, it is over 2 months now they still couldn't get the bill correct. We are now £64 out of pocket and possibly have to pay £26 plus £10 late payment if it's not sort out in 48 hours because of their mistake. Now think the 2 months free is a con to keep us stay. Very very annoyed. Stay away from Virgin media!!!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      2 stars
    • Speed
      2 stars
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    AVOID!!! Easily the worst broadband provider I've ever had the misfortune of using. We pay for 100Mbps and its fantastic when it works but it also drops out regularly. For the past week I've not had speeds above 20Mbps for very long and it cuts out constantly. I need a high broadband speed for work and this is really unreliable, also no way of exiting the contract without paying huge fees. Once they have you locked into a contract they don't really care about providing usable internet, they just want your money. The customer service people are pleasant enough and quite a few have been very friendly (I only rate them two stars as the company itself make no attempt to fix issues) but sadly they're limited in what they can do to fix persistently bad broadband speeds (I've been with them 18 months its not improved at all). I'd give a zero for overall satisfaction and reliability if I could. Virgin don't care about their customers, very unprofessional and fraudulent.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      2 stars
    • Speed
      5 stars
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    We've been a customer of Virgin Media for well about 8 years after NTL went bust... And what a hair ripping 8 years it has been. Before I start, I'm going to say that this review will be based more on the morals and attitudes of Virgin, rather than their broadband service.

Firstly, all they care about is your money as a customer, rather than you as an individual. This is my biggest gripe with Virgin. Currently, we're paying £48.99 a month for 20 Megabit broadband and anytime phone. Absurd. The reason that we're still paying it is because no other ISP could before this time offer us faster broadband speeds, and we couldn't afford any slower Internet. So, we asked them how much it would cost to upgrade to 60Mb fibre; they said £20 EXTRA a month... So that's £68.99 a month they want for 60Mb fibre and anytime phone. Yet, a new customer can get all that PLUS TV for £20 a month less.

If you're a new customer to Virgin or thinking of moving, you'll have a great first year or for however long your contract is. But as soon as you're no longer new, they're gonna kick you in the wallet and with the service they provide.

The reliability of our Internet is insane, I would say we probably have about 60% uptime... Constantly resetting modems and routers as we're still using the NTL modem and a Netgear router, as they wanted even more money to replace them with Virgin's modem/router.

Their morals are based around getting as much money out of you as possible, with providing as little service as they can. Ever wondered why Virgin is one of the most profitable companies in the world, and why Mr. Branson has his own island? Well now you know, it all comes from your wallet.

Can say with huge relief that not two days ago BT posted a letter through our door saying they can finally offer us Infinity. Was on the phone immediately and made the switch.

Don't expect to stick with Virgin for very long, the second your contract is over they'll have new offers for new customers and all current or old customers will be thrown to the back of the priority list.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      3 stars
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Had to cancel after 6 months, as broadband kept dropping out 4-5 times a day for 20-30mins at a time. Towards end it was off longer than it was on. During the 6 months we phoned 24 times spoke to advisors, managers, technical, had 5 technicians out and no one could rectify the issue so enough was enough. The best thing about Virgin is the speed when it worked, everything else was useless.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      4 stars
    Comments
    Be seriously warned before you sign up with Virgin. The contract arrives after the install and just about the time you get you first bill - at this time you discover there are some significant 'activation' fees as well as the fact that they charge you double for the first month. Expecting a 55 pounds per month bill my first bill arrived for 197 pounds.

If you then add to the quality of the install and the multiple holes and damaged brickwork as well as the fact that the advertised broadband speed of 100mps is woefully overstated - more than 20 broadband speedchecks have realised a maximum of 35mps and often between 10 and 20 mps.

Seriously disappointed with the Virgin experience - so emailed my termination within the 14 day window to their contracts team - only to be subsequently told they do not acknowledge e-mail communication and that I would be liable for a 240 termination fee - plus first months bill - so 430 pounds to escape from this shower.

Disgusted
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      2 stars
    • Reliability
      2 stars
    Comments
    Dreadful customer service. Problem with Tivo. Had tried calling them now for nearly 2 months but have never got through even though I have tried at all times of the day. On every occasional my telephone handset has run out of battery before it can get answered. Have sat with piped music on hold for over an hour and still not got through every time. I would cancel if I could find a way to contact them and tell them! Avoid at all costs.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Customer service is non existent, they do not do what they say they are going to do, bills are exorbitant for what they provide, basic broadband is worse than Sky and more expensive. By far the worst of the big providers by a country mile.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      5 stars
    • Reliability
      5 stars
    Comments
    I would love to give 0 star or negative marking. Customer Service is one of the worst thing. I moved my flat and tjey said they can provide the service in my new flat so, I have to pay early termination fees. The guy called Rowat from complaint department was trying to say that I have to check weather they provide the service in my new flat (what a joke). I even gave the name and number of new guy who live in my previous flat. But still paying early terminaton fee. What a joke??? They just want to make money from customer.

Worst experience ever. Dont go for virgin media
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Speed
      3 stars
    Comments
    Virgin media's customer service sucks. I'll advice anybody looking for Virgin to look at other providers. In particular their billing and payment, they will pile up arbitrary charges and then use terms and conditions to nail you.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      5 stars
    • Customer Service
      5 stars
    • Speed
      5 stars
    • Reliability
      5 stars
    Comments
    I got great service in the St Helens Store when I signed up for a Big Kahuna package. The guy went through everything with me and matched big to this package he was very knowledgable and even when I got installed the engineer was great to. Very happy with my 152mb broadband. Great quality product. If you are looking to sign up I highly recommend going into this store or contacting them on 017447393939.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      2 stars
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      3 stars
    • Reliability
      3 stars
    Comments
    Broadband is good until they keep adding £3 to your monthly bill every few months. When you want to contact them you want to leave they don't answer the phone and automatically cut you off after 20 mins. I called at 8:48pm plenty of time before their service ends at 10pm. I was cut off after being on hold for 20 mins THREE times,overall on hold for an hour and not getting to speak to anyone. It's funny how easy they answer calls for new customers but a different story for existing customers. Very poor quality of service.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Comments
    Broadband been off solid since the 4th of nov, to be told would be back on 6th, then to be told the 11th, then to be told the 15th, now to be told the 22nd of nov, I don’t hold my breath,,, shocking service, and lied to day after day...
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      5 stars
    • Customer Service
      4 stars
    • Speed
      5 stars
    • Reliability
      5 stars
    Comments
    Virgin has always been so reliable for us, I cannot fault it and sometimes we have 3 or 4 devices on at a time, I have been looking at reviews as I want to change provider just solely because of the cost of virgin and each year it increases.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    After paying Virgin media my hard earned money for the past 20 years, when I desperately needed support due to my broadband going down they couldn't have cared less. Despite explaining my hub was clearly broken and that I was in the process of starting a new business from home, they flat out refused to send out a new hub (unless I paid even more to upgrade) and told me I would have to wait a week for an engineer. Unhappy with this, I told them I would find an alternative provider which I did. Despite various phone calls to Virgin and discussions with them via Twitter, they failed to tell me I had to give 30 days cancellation until I called today to tell them I am now with Talk Talk and this is despite not even being in a contract. They basically told me it was my own fault for not being aware of the T&C's and not reading their cancellation policy. So now they intend to charge me for broadband I won't be using for the next month as its been disconnected when I moved to Talk Talk. Had they informed me of this when I first told them I was leaving, I could have cancelled 3 weeks ago.
    Disgusting company, appalling customer service and clearly have no value for customers. Their customer representatives are insincere and unhelpful which is why I will now be actively discouraging others to choose them.

And isn't it interesting that for all their insincere apologies when you complain, they never, ever offer anything other than an option to discuss it further i.e. continue banging your head against a brick wall as they frustrate you further because they really couldn't care less and will give nothing to compensate for their inadequate provision
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      3 stars
    • Reliability
      3 stars
    Comments
    A absolutely dreadful uncaring company. Took many many attempts to get my complaint dealt with and then when my son had the same issue they just haven't replied at all to his many attempts. The fee to charge for not being able to provide virgin when you move even though it is there fault is totally unfair and what are you suppose to do...make it a consideration when looking for a new place to live!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Absolutely disgraceful company, avoid at all cost. We have been with them for years and pay well over the odds for a shocking service. They don’t want to keep our custom as they will only offer a £2 per month reduction when we can go elsewhere for less than half the price. Horrid customer service, please do not go to this company.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    I am a customer of 8 years, Virgin dont hold that info so clearly arent concerned about how long you have been a customer. They have badly handled a new installation of media tv and internet. My virgin iphone had a fault for over a month and the installation took over 6 weeks. Don't use Virgin unless you have to, it's difficult to create a complaint and they never call you back. If you manage to get past the automated call system, all calls go to the Phillipines even if you are in regular contact with the UK over a fault. They cant put you through and email the UK and then UK call you when you are at work and you miss the call. The Phillipines will tell you all the engineers are male (1) the Equality Act 2010 hasnt reached them yet! They failed to bury the cable to the house and left it entirely exposed in the front garden, no-one has yet apologise and no-one has yet dealt with the complaint
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Very disappointed with the broadband service. One of the worst I have had. No call reference number, no complaint email address to send your quick emails to. They lie at every step. Have to wait for hour to get through when rang. I also tweeted by all they have to say is call again to customer service and will be able to help. Lol. One of the worst company. If it would have been possible I would have given them negative marks.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      3 stars
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Virgin claim to offer high speeds but for over two months now reliability has been poor. Complaints have fallen on deaf ears.
    It is not 50MB it is only 200kbps and Virgin blame the Local Authorities for not letting them fix network utilisation issues

I have paid for 50MB but it appears somebody else is paying them more for my megabits and they are blowing me off
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Comments
    Do not buy virgin media. There nice brochures say speed upto 50MBPS but it is always less than 20 MBPS. They say when they say upto 50 it can be anywhere from 0-50. What would you tell these people. And it is very difficult to contact customer services. Even after We got the connection, we get daily promotional matter delivered to doorstep and by post. But when I complained the service is down, they say technical team has to take 5 days to come. I need to give minus stars if possible. Get lost..Cheats
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      3 stars
    Comments
    When I explicitly said I need a twelve month contract, they signed me up for a 18 month one. Had to wait over two hours to reach a call center operator, who did have no manners at all and could not understand her language
  • Reviewer
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      2 stars
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Doesn't deserve even one star!!!!!!!

I have been with Virgin media for 17 years and have recently moved to my new house in December 2021. The move obviously is always stressful but what has made this worst for me is my decision to move my services with me. It’s been 6 weeks now and having spent countless hours over phone and having had several visits to property by technicians/surveyors and having spoken to countless people/agents and having paid more money and several cancelled/rescheduled appointments, I am still without Internet and media services till date with no solution in sight!!!!!

Not only are there long waits to speak to an agent and frequent call drops but they are also not trained and lack knowledge and there is absolutely no coordination between various teams. Some agents have been insulting and rude. Their lack of knowledge has resulted in me getting false and misleading information and has caused me extreme anxiety and inconvenience.

Each agent I have spoken to has given me different information which contradicted the information from previous agent and each one of them say that the previous agent has given wrong information. Majority of the times I was just being transferred from one team to other and would go through security checks 10 times and keep repeating myself every time when transferred to a new agent in a call. This is extremely frustrating and i firmly believe that no customer should go through such an experience!

I thought I may have been an exception but reading other reviews posted clearly highlights that the company does not care about customers anymore and wouldn't pay any attention to issues/complaints.

I strongly suggest not to consider Virgin media if you do not want to go through torture and harassment.

Sharing few of my life experiences (or rather absolute harassment)!!!!

There have been several days when I have made 10 calls or more, waited and spent more than 8/9 hours in a day, spoken to more than 15 agents in a day!

Logged an official complaint for hassling customers, miscoordination (Internal installation & external installation team/ Movers & Preinstallation team), mis informing customers and appalling customer services 2 weeks ago but have not heard anything back from anyone, not even an acknowledgement!

Installation was initially scheduled for 17th Dec but couldn't be carried out as the cable has been pulled up by Construction Unit to a wrong place.

Since then, trying to rectify the simple issue as above has been more difficult than reaching Mars!

One of the calls to report this issue- the Agent promptly cancelled the order and hung the phone without any proper discussions

The installation was moved to 12th Jan (earliest) which meant no services in our new home for 3 weeks specially during holidays!

One of the agents said that mobile dongle would be provided free to ensure we have internet during Xmas and asked me to speak to Mobile team which was an absolute nightmare as all agents subsequently refuted each other and told me to buy it!

Another agent when followed up in December (20-24th Dec) said that the external team has gone again and fixed the issue that morning, but this was untrue as the issue was still unresolved. Not sure why these agents are forced to lie perhaps to placate or get rid of the call soon!?

To summarise, there is an issue with how External installation team has left the cable and all the calls I have made and countless hours I have spent since then is to get this corrected because the internal installation team would not be able to do anything until this is fixed and I will keep experiencing this pain until then and would not have any services too!!!
    ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE!!!!

Hope someone, somewhere in the system takes a note of how far the customer services have deteriorated and how much pain it is causing the customers but, in the interim, would strongly suggest everyone to consider Virgin Media only if you are not left with any other option!!!!!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      2 stars
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      5 stars
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Good broadband when it's working but when it goes down the customer service is abysmal.Understanding them is the first problem,then you have to tell each customer service staff over and over again about your problems. Our internet was down at 8.15 am and still down at 6pm.Phoned them and went through the normal unplug, reset routine, still didn't work so they told me to leave it for 24 hours and see if that makes it work. 24 hours not from 8.15 but from 6pm.This happens at least once every 2 months. Rubbish customer service
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      2 stars
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      3 stars
    • Reliability
      2 stars
    Comments
    Arrogant and unhelpful people... I have worst experience with virgin. .. A girl was talking with me for installation purposes, she was repeatedly cutting the phone line when I supposed to talk and asking I can’t here you again and again. I had bad word for her but was in mind.
    Will not suggest anyone to go with virgin
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      2 stars
    • Customer Service
      2 stars
    • Speed
      4 stars
    • Reliability
      2 stars
    Comments
    Broadband connection lost due to unavailability at least three times a month in the last year. There is a default message being played when you call support stating that there is fault in your area and will be fixed by 4pm. This message is played even when there is no fault, I checked
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Absolutely awful and crooked company! Tried to charge me extra even after cancellation. 221.01!!! No help for loyal customers.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      2 stars
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      2 stars
    • Reliability
      3 stars
    Comments
    Virgin's package delivers, but when it goes wrong their service is abysmal. Was 7 months without any TV, broadband or phone last year, now been without phone for nearly a month and looks set for another long haul. Think twice.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Comments
    Poor customer service. Totally unreliable. Sky gives a service you can rely on with excellent communication. Feel totally let down by a virgin media team team who appear to fail to communicate between themselves and the customer. The customer is not a priority to them sadly. Mr Branson training in customer service skills needs a review please.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      2 stars
    • Customer Service
      2 stars
    • Speed
      2 stars
    • Reliability
      2 stars
    Comments
    We called Virgin media over a month ago and we was promised a call back from the sales team but we heard nothing then we got three scam calls we told virgin media they admitted that they have had loads of customers complaining about this they advised us to report it as a crime we did but was promised a call back from virgin media but we did not so I went on live chat and after the chat even though I mentioned my issues and what the scammers questions asked and not to use these questions when the real virgin media called they ignored me and asked the same questions so my husband did not feel safe and neither does my son, do not choose virgin media I would never recommend them
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    Virgin Media
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      4 stars
    • Customer Service
      5 stars
    • Speed
      5 stars
    • Reliability
      4 stars
    Comments
    I have not had any major problems with virgin and have been with them for years. Speed always good, customer service is very easy to get through to and always helpful. There have been occasions when it has gone off for few hours or even a whole day but nothing to moan about. I don't particularly want to change them but...
    I really need a much cheaper one as I find almost £60 a month extortionate. But unsure which one to choose as seeing very bad reviews on the rest of internet providers :(

The reviews published on this page are those of the individual authors who have warrantied that they abide by our review guidelines. Reviews are not the opinion of Broadband.co.uk.