TalkTalk Broadband Reviews

Sometimes the best way to get a feel for a broadband provider is to read what those who are already customers think of the service they're receiving. Below are all the reviews we've received for TalkTalk.

Recent Customer Ratings for TalkTalk

• Satisfaction
    2.9 stars
  • Customer Service
    2.8 stars
  • Speed
    2.9 stars
  • Reliability
    2.9 stars

Based on 638 customer ratings since 2023-05-11 (Show all time ratings)

Visit TalkTalk   Read our TalkTalk buyers guide

Ratings are left by users of our speed test as well as by reviewers. Recent star ratings summarise the last 12 months of ratings or the last 100 ratings placed, whichever is largest.

7,010 Customer Reviews over 176 pages

• Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Engineer who visited was fine and tried his best to help. Service centre in Manilla truly awful.Problem remains unresolved.
    Not recommended!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Wish I could submit a 0 rating.

Quite frankly the most unresponsive company I have ever dealt with. Both broadband an voice lines (small business) have been down repeatedly with the latest outage being approx. 2 weeks - how anyone can be expected to run a business with no telephone defeats me.

Avoid like the plague!!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      5 stars
    • Customer Service
      4 stars
    • Speed
      5 stars
    • Reliability
      5 stars
    Comments
    I found this website by chance and cant believe the negativity expressed by the majority of reviews. I dont usually leave reviews but feel motivated to do so to try and redress the balance. I have been a TalkTalk customer for approximately 5 years and have never had an issue with the company. My telephone works no problem, my broadband speed is excellent, my You View TV service is very good and my mobile SIM only deal is an absolute bargain. I have had to contact customer services on only a couple of occasions in 5 years as I find that the help pages on the TalkTalk website usually answer my query or show me how to solve the problem. When I have had to talk to customer services they have always been very helpful. OK there may be a slight difference in communication style due to their call centre being in India but the staff are very polite & do try their best to help. I dont know if I have been extremely lucky, or other people have been very unlucky, but I can only reiterate that I have had no issues with this company and wanted to give other visitors to the site an alternative view.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    I will never recommend TalkTalk to anybody! I have received terrible service!!
    I wanted to transfer from BT to TalkTalk due to price and it was the biggest mistake of my life. My services were due to transfer a month ago and to date no one can tell my why it has taken so long or what the plan of action is - i have escalated to the highest level within TalkTalk with no answers! I rung this morning for an update because it has taken a month and they have cancelled my transfer request!!!!
    Back to BT I go!!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Crap latency, always extremely slow and unreliable with terrible customer service
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Very poor service ment to go live on the 10th November 2017 and to this day I've still got no boardband but they want me to pay for the boardband and to close my account
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      2 stars
    • Reliability
      2 stars
    Comments
    Stay away from this company, cant believe they are legally aloud to trade, extremely poor customer service, very unreliable broadband & tv & they will rob you blind until your contract has ended .... Stay Away!.... I wish i did .
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      3 stars
    • Customer Service
      3 stars
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      3 stars
    Comments
    They are very bad at retaining customers with false sense of speeds and reliability. I never once had the speed i signed up for had less than half and they still had cheek to give me a penalty charge before leaving. Pathetic
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Absolutely shocking service! At first they were nice as when broadband was delivered it didn’t work and took them a week to rectify. In result they did not charge me first month. However, contacted them to state that I was moving and needed to cancel the contact and 3 months later they are still charging me. Spoken to them again and they have now stated I have to pay £200 to cancel the contract and have to pay 3 months of fee as the cancellation was not recorded. By far the worst company I have every been with and would highly recommend people to stay away. Worst decision I have made to be with them. The connection wasn’t even that great either!!!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Save your money
    The network is equivalent to useless,
    The customer service staffs are very rude and
    The company is very cunning very guile
    Don’t say I didn’t warn you
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Comments
    Save your money. Don't use them. Daylight robbery. Punitive termination fees £61, below the average customer service, below the UK legal requirements broadband speed- only 5.6Mbps for a updated contract which guarantees 35Mbps. Incompetent. Greedy. Firm.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    rarely get over 0.28meg speed - cannot stream on demand tv or youtube
    and every two months they call to sell me more products and service - which I dont want and which makes them more expensive than BT - and they are telling me that they can extend my contract every time they call - which I repeatedly tell them I dont want it extended - in fact if I could get out now I would!! It's a crap service and I believe I am now paying more than I was before with BT
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Comments
    Talk talk is always harrassinhg us they are rubbish and bad and we owe them 60.00 but faked and made it 260.00 it's very bad there like stealers.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      2 stars
    • Reliability
      3 stars
    Comments
    Broadband is actually OK when its working, HOWEVER the customer service is despicable, disjointed and its ridiculously difficult to understand half the people they have working in their obviously indian call centre. SERIOUSLY SHOCKINGLY BAD.

You get to what you think is a resolution or a promise that it will be fixed and dealt with, but call them back when its NOT fixed and they dont even know what the previous conversations were, and they start the whole process again.

RIDICULOUSLY BAD Customer experience, wish i had gone with someone-anyone else!!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Avoid these rip off's. Bad internet connection broadband. No no no don't get talk talk. Will charge you if you want to stop their services.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      3 stars
    • Customer Service
      2 stars
    • Speed
      3 stars
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Reliability, terrible, speed 30 when promised 40
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Sad I couldn’t leave a review with 0 stars because that is how furious I am with this company. Still waiting on a refund from when they OVERCHARGED ME over TWICE my bill amount, taking the last of my money for the month. Called 6 times and still no one has idea where my money is. FUMING.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Sad I couldn’t leave a review with 0 stars because that is how furious I am with this company. Still waiting on a refund from when they OVERCHARGED ME over TWICE my bill amount, taking the last of my money for the month. Called 6 times and still no one has idea where my money is. FUMING.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Comments
    What a shocking and disgusting outfit Talk talk is , Shocking internet speed , 0.42 download speed, 0.38 upload speed,
    3 phone calls to customer services over the last 2 months , 4.5 hours in total, bounced about to different departments, Over charged and money taken from my account , without notifying me. Etc etc .
    KEEP WELL AWAY FROM THIS BAG OF RUBBISH ,,,
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    Comments
    Absolutely hopeless service in relation to house move. Engineer booked and paid for and stated in for 5 hour window to then be told that 'someone, at Takk Talk had cancelled the engineer without telling us. Transferred to 4 different people in an hour phone call who were all very nice but hopeless. Avoid Talk Talk
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Comments
    Worst decision of my life going with talktalk!! I was seduced by the cheap rates and wish I had read some reviews on here myself before getting the contract!! It would of saved me a lot of trouble and frustration. Like so many others on here i have had my fair share of being overcharged and bad customer service but the thing that has really done it is that I have now just been charged £145! When I demanded rather crossly why? I was informed it was because of the 22 HOUR CALL I apparently had just made!! Needless to say that I doubt it is even pysically posible to be on the phone for that lolg the answer I got was that I must of not hung up properly!! Well I then attempted to "not hang up properly" and found that jt was quite impossible to do because of the way the phone slots in!! Am absolutly fuming
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      3 stars
    • Reliability
      3 stars
    Comments
    Customer service is just horrendous. Spent nearly an hour on the phone as they just can't understand what I was saying. Had to repeat the problem several times and speak to several people. Still don't know if they actually understood what I meant, as whenever they repeated back they had just completely misunderstood. The broadband is actually fine, no co plants there, this was a account/billing query and the inability to speak to someone in the UK is a real problem as the language barrier is just too much.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    talk talk are the worst company to ever go with. we have been with them since jan 2015 back in kent it was ok then but now moved to north west and have had nothing but trouble with it since.we have had 3 lots of engineers come out and all 3 of them were no help and said it was all working but it was not work at all.this has been going on now for 1 month and 2 weeks can still not working.if any was to ask me if they should go to talk talk i would tell them they would have more luck trying to get a dog to talk then getting help from talk talk they dont care about there customers.we have had severar calls with them which have coast us a bit of money.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    I am locked into a contract until Dec 2020. Cannot wait to get out! The broadband is absolute rubbish. Tried to sort with customer service to no avail. Had to resort to buying 100gb package on my mobile and am using that to stream box sets on Netflix on our telly. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      2 stars
    • Reliability
      3 stars
    Comments
    I've been with TalkTalk a number of years - ever since it took over from my previous broadband supplier - and have recently sold my house. I wanted to cancel my TalkTalk account because I have no need for it now I'm not the property owner. The service was basically OK - slow, and now uncompetitive on price since a sudden 66% increase - but otherwise OK.

I called their phoneline and requested the account cancellation but was told that wasn't possible and that I had to cancel my BT line and that doing that would then mean my broadband would cease due to not having the requisite landline. That didn't seem right to me - why I cannot simply give notice to have my TalkTalk account closed so I know when the final payment would be due and that it's closed properly. It shouldn't be the case that I have to cancel my BT phoneline and then wait and hope that TalkTalk cancels my account with them and any further direct debits.

I asked what happens in the situation where people simply no-longer want the TalkTalk services and aren't moving house. She replied in that situation I would also have to ask BT to close my phoneline and then wait and reopen it at a later date. I was told there's no facility for cancelling my account and that I'd also have to wait for a new broadband provider to take over from TalkTalk before my account could close. I don't know when or even if the subsequent inhabitants of the house will want broadband connected, so I don't see why closing my account should have anything to do with that. During that conversation, the person I spoke with became aggressive in tone so ultimately I put the phone down rather than listen to her rant at me. I've never spoken to a customer service like that before.

I called back a short while later, after cancelling the BT line (which was a very straight forward experience in comparison), and was told this time there was a "technical problem" that prevented the closure of accounts and that they'd like to call me back in an hour. I asked if I could speak to someone else, but instead she went herself to supposedly speak with a customer service manager. When she picked the phone up again 5 minutes or so later it was another excuse about how there's now a "stick" on my line. It doesn't instill you with much confidence in a company when you get a string of different excuses like that.

I asked when my next payment was due, she said she didn't know. I asked about cancelling my direct debit and she said that would incur a charge. I had to go ahead and cancel the direct debit because I was concerned and left with no other route forward. I think the customer service is appalling, the misinformation and attempts to avoid or redirect a basic request to close my account mean I no longer trust TalkTalk.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Rubbish!!! Do not use Talk Talk, constantly loosing signal, I have had engineers out and within 2 days loose connection again. The speed is slow, the company lie, every time I call the people who answer can't speak English and end up taking an hour to complete a call. Disgraceful, diabolical, ridiculous, useless and totally unsatisfactory. I have now cancelled and will be using BT
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    I joined talk talk in 2013 thinking it was going to be a good network to go with as it was cheap and promised fast speeds.....over a year later they never help with technical assistance, have raised my bill price by £15, charged me admin fees for no apparent reason, refuse to tell me why, have slower than ever speeds and can never seem to cancel my contract without facing fines for cancellation!!! DO NOT JOIN TALK TALK!!! They are in my opinion one of the worst companys ever. They do not treat their customers well atall and will lie to you to get a contract signed!!!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Comments
    Talktalk is the worst broadband i dont recomend them to anyone, they dont tell you when your contract is up and they put the charges up we started off paying 17 pound then ended up paying £30+ we tried to cancel twice and they tried to stop that from happening by saying both times we have to wait 30 days to cancel (60 altogether)
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      5 stars
    • Customer Service
      5 stars
    • Speed
      5 stars
    • Reliability
      5 stars
    Comments
    well all i can say is i have a great package with talktalk i had sky before and i will never go back, internet is much better and get much more for what i pay
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    Comments
    Talk talk do no know to let go when someone pay to cancel their account it take well over Hour and still will account. All they take your money but don't like letting go.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    This company and all its staff are all fraudster. They expect u to pay for months of service they never provided you. With most of the staff are all criminals. I would never suggest any body to use talk talk. Please I beg you guys. This company is terrible.
  • Reviewer
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      2 stars
    • Customer Service
      2 stars
    • Speed
      2 stars
    • Reliability
      2 stars
    Comments
    Changing charges mid contract. Misinformation from customer services.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      4 stars
    • Reliability
      4 stars
    Comments
    Unbelievable lack of communication internally for a telecoms company, as previous reviews have said each call to "customer services" will last at least one hour and will resolve NOTHING. It took three months after going live date to finally create a bill which was correct. Five days after the billing problem was finally rectified, they threatened to restrict service because of "late" payment. Ironically the actual BB product itself is pretty good, but the customer service completely lets the company down. If you value your sanity go elsewhere!!!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Horrific experience! Slow broadband and kept cutting out randomly. After numerous calls where the assistants clearly read catchphrases from a sheet with no meaning/feeling behind what they are saying and 'tested my line' which takes us to about 25 minutes into the call they have still failed to fix my broadband!! I have spent over 30 minutes on each call and called 5 times! I have had an engineer out, a new router and still the same 30 minute phone call 'testing the line' and hearing the same script! What a joke AVOID!!!!!!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    I was looking for a broadband provider and was stopped in our local shopping centre.I was told by the salesman that i would get 50 worth of free calls per month sounds good, not so.After receiving the contract i could not see this on the contract, rang the salesman who said i would definattaly get 50 pounds of free calls per month, and said to ring customer service if i did not believe him, customer service i would only get a call to say that my bill at reached 50 pounds.I rang the salesperson, he said that he would sort it when he was next in the office and ring me, still waiting.Also the speed is nothing like what they said ie that the speed would be between 7 to 17 , nowhere near that speed sometimes as low as .89
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Comments
    Do not use Talktalk!
    I have used Virgin, BT and Sky broadband

It is extremely slow and disconnects constantly. Definitely THE WORST broadband I have ever ever used.

Extremely unstable. What a disaster!
  • Reviewer
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Absolutely appalling, just been on the phone with them for hours trying to get a refund since I said to them when my contract finsihes, DO NOT carry on with ur wifi u can turn it of as I don’t need your slow internet and not helping. They wouldn’t give a refund since they wanted me to go through technical help which I’ve done 10000x and now I’ve tried to cancel they keep transferring me and then end up hanging up the call. No one in this company helps neither let’s you cancel neither wants to give a refund. I’ve been on the phone for hours now and they keep transferring calls and when they transferred me last, I was waiting for at least 20 minutes for an advisor and then the phone went blank, no music playing no nothing. I waited 5 minutes and kept speaking to see if anyone was there, absolutely nothing. I turned the call of and tried recalling and now it comes up as saying they’re closed. Absolutely ridiculous and I’m appalled as TALKTALK are just a bunch of SCAMMERS, LIARS and ABSOLUTELY NOT HELPFUL AT ALL. They promised a contract which would stay the same price for the year and instead they kept going up in price over the months and I couldn’t do nothing since It was a contract. And now after I said when my contract finsihes I do not want to continue with you, the advisor didn’t note it on purpose (as I’ve told like 5 of their advisors due to Keep ringing about theirs bad internet service) and still they didn’t cancel and ended up triple charging me for when I said I DO NOT WANT IT and they gave such a really bad service and internet. Absolutely disgusting and I advise new users to not use this provider as I know a lot of people having this problem. I will not recommend anyone to this provider.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      2 stars
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Worst possible customer service ever. Worse than comcast in the US! That's saying something.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    What a shocking company. Broadband keeps freezing totally unreliable. The customer service is appalling no one wants to help at all. Kept on being promised someone would look into it. Not delivered on that promise at all.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      3 stars
    Comments
    As for me Its not just the worst broadband supplier....
    Its most horrible service which I ever had plus in the end they trick me with a money. After one month when I cancelled TalkTalk account and get another internet supplier talktalk still charge me with some money and line wasn't disconnected.... When I asked them to send me a proof of cancelation they sais NO.....

The reviews published on this page are those of the individual authors who have warrantied that they abide by our review guidelines. Reviews are not the opinion of Broadband.co.uk.