TalkTalk Broadband Reviews

Sometimes the best way to get a feel for a broadband provider is to read what those who are already customers think of the service they're receiving. Below are all the reviews we've received for TalkTalk.

Recent Customer Ratings for TalkTalk

• Satisfaction
    2.9 stars
  • Customer Service
    2.8 stars
  • Speed
    2.9 stars
  • Reliability
    2.9 stars

Based on 638 customer ratings since 2023-05-11 (Show all time ratings)

Visit TalkTalk   Read our TalkTalk buyers guide

Ratings are left by users of our speed test as well as by reviewers. Recent star ratings summarise the last 12 months of ratings or the last 100 ratings placed, whichever is largest.

7,010 Customer Reviews over 176 pages

• Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Worst service I have ever received. Managed to cancel after one month of no Internet. I'm now trying to get refund for terrible lack of service. Don't use TalkTalk they are the worst ever!!!! Beware beware beware !!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      2 stars
    • Reliability
      2 stars
    Comments
    The worst online company I have ever dealt with. Asked for an upgrade & they cancelled my contract, denied it & apparently couldn't fix it. Then wouldn't remove the tag on my line for 8w after I left - finally did after a complaint to Ofcom. What a confused mess!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    TalkTalk Fibre Broadband is the worst broadband I've ever used. I pay for 76mb/s and i can using this speed just between 10AM - 2PM, and from 2AM - 5AM. If you like playing in multiplayer games [like WOW, Dota, Counter Strike, GTA] in any normal time (it mean afternoon, evening, or weekends - forget) Normal ping are close 150 or more at this time. In my last home I used virgin and ping was all the time close to 10-20, but i cannot take this broadband in my new address. You can order technical support everyday if you want - it will not change anything. Do not fix it. I bought a new router, but the fault of the Internet. Apart high ping, less speed is very often in afternoon, or evening that broadband stop working any 2-3 times in every hour. it's a nightmare. I really do not recommend
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    writing this on behalf of my disabled son, found talk talk completly useless! never had internet work properly for 3 years, earlier this year complained and they said if he went to fibre this would resolve the problem.
    it cured it for a week then had to keep unplugging the router 2-3 times a day to get the internet working! he decided to go to sky without to talking to talktalk so now there charging him £144 because he broke the contract and they said it's because we didn't call them to try to rectify the fault, i have been ringing for 3 years to try to sort it! if anyone is thinking of getting a contract with talktalk don't do it ! useless service wouldn't even have it if it was free! got sky now definitely worth the extra money. going to the ombudsman next to see who they agree with and see if they they think my disabled son has been unfairly treated.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    I'm moving from Talktalk and although I am paying for the c**p service that I have been getting for the last year I now have virtually no service at all. They certainly did not keep any of their promises to sort out my problems and so it's goodbye and I can hardly wait.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    I've been a TalkTalk customer for a number of years and a few months ago was going to leave because of a price hike. I was persuaded to stay with a reduced fee and since then broadband speeds have been through the floor and often the service drops out completely. I've recorded speeds as low as 0.04mbps. TalkTalk's speedtest is the Ookla one however when run through the TalkTalk website it gives different and more favourable results to running it directly through Ookla. I suspect there may be some manipulation of the result although this is only suspicion. I have spent a huge number of hours going nowhere with online chat "help" and telephone "help" although they have now agreed that my contract can be cancelled because they are failing to give me the minimum speed specified. I'll be leaving soon but TalkTalk have sent me an email asking me to stay for another reduced fee and described the service they are providing me with as "fast" and "reliable." It is neither!! Anyone thinking of becoming a TalkTalk customer would be well advised to look elsewhere, the company is a nightmare and really don't give a toss about it's customers. If the senior managers tested the help service maybe things would change but until then expect to spend between 1-2 hours if using online chat and a minimum of 1 hour for telephone support. Do not expect any faults to be found or rectified in this time scale. Invariably you will be told there is no fault and if they send an engineer out you might be liable for a fee. When engineers have visited me in the past they have found faults with the service. Life is too short and too precious to waste on a company like TalkTalk. I will never return to TalkTalk, they are a nightmare.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      3 stars
    • Customer Service
      2 stars
    • Speed
      3 stars
    • Reliability
      3 stars
    Comments
    DNS servers slow at times bad, very bad, customer service. Spam not checked or blocked. Web mail has had problems. Says speed is 37mb but feels more like 15mb. Cost is reasonable in comparison but not so good service.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      2 stars
    • Reliability
      2 stars
    Comments
    Disgusting customer service, not clear on infomation. Keep sending out you view boxes then charging for them at 80 quid a pop! Changed address with them which opened up a new contract which I was unaware off. terrible terrible service
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    I urge all readers...... DO NOT SIGN UP WITH TALK TALK. This is one of the WORST companies I have ever dealt with. I ended up leaving Talk Talk 6 months early because they could not provide me with more than 2MB internet speed. I could walk to France faster than it would take to load anything. Customer support was absolutely awful and there were a lot of language barriers where they couldn't understand what I was saying and I couldn't understand them. They started to charge me an extra £1 per month on top of my actual contract for no apparent reason and with no notice. They obviously denied this.
    These guys are truly Cowboys through and through. I left Sky to go to Talk Talk. A mistake I will never make again.
    I will never use Talk Talk again.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    To anyone considering buying this wifi for the cheap cost, DONT. Somehow, even with fibre, this 'internet connection' doesn't seem to understand it's purpose. It tends to have a lack of connecting to the internet all too often, which makes basic talks such as browsing the internet an ordeal; not to mention if you're doing any project worth committing you'd like something which you can expect to stay up for over half an hour at a time.

Absolute joke, paying for an internet connection which even gave a struggle connecting to this website.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Worse service I ever used. Problems with the service from the day it went live. They tried to over charge me twice and within the probation period they are charging me to leave. They failed to inform me of advance charges. The internet speed is very slow the download speed I should have is 16.5 and its only at 6mb the upload isn't even 1mb. If you don't wanna be messed around I don't recommend this company.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      2 stars
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      2 stars
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Not only does Talktalk's connection break off frequently, it's also incredibly slow, has been known to shut off completely for days and the customer service is patronisingly bad.

I've never had more frequent, irritating and life-stalling problems with a broadband provider in my entire life than I've had with Talktalk for the last 9 months.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Comments
    customer service is the most amateur shambolic time wasting experience I've ever come across, utter contempt for the customer experience, if ever you have a problem, think carefully before you book days of work, they don't turn up, they don't care.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Without any shadow of a doubt the worst customer service I have experienced in my life. All due to the fact the router is an absolutely appalling piece of hardware as admitted by their own technical managers and engineers. Trying to extricate ones self from a contract that provides no service wasted two months of my life.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      2 stars
    • Speed
      2 stars
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Where do I start... TalkTalk are absolutely dreadful. First of all ironically I’m having to use my mobile data to write this because we’ve cancelled our contract with TalkTalk a month before it was due to expire and they’ve decided to stop providing us with service. The range of the WiFi and how temperamental it was were the worst parts. The WiFi would spontaneously stop working probably around 3 times every day and once you go past about 10 meters from the router, you’re lucky if you get 1 bar of signal at all. I’m literally having to use my mobile data 1/3 to 1/2 of the time because of how temperamental the WiFi has been. A word of advice: Before you go to TalkTalk, make sure you try every other broadband provider first and if none of them are any good, stick with the best one out of those because it’s probably going to be much better than TalkTalk.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    The slowest and lowest quality broadband provider. They should consider of shutting down or sorting it out. I use my mobile to hotspot my laptop and it works 100 times better. It's a joke, not a broadband
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      4 stars
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Its my first broadband in UK it has good speed, but their automatic deductions and payment system is very horrible. Sometimes. I paid them twice on 2nd and on 5th and they didn't register ANY payment till 6 th.!!! I paid them cause of this last month also twice, and asked for refund and They IGNORED ME as Well.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      2 stars
    • Customer Service
      2 stars
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      2 stars
    Comments
    Terrible service. Leaving this provider is the hardest thing you can do.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Disaster. I hope talktalk will go out of business soon
    I had talktalk broadband for well to long time; internet speed was slow , their customer service was rather quick to answer phone call but incompetent never able to solve any problems.
    Talktalk has also leaked my personal details to criminals and I’m still bombarded by scam emails ,phone calls add SMS.
    Now they asked me to pay for my email account.
    I can only say go to hell talktalk
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Absolute terrible customer service, bad broadband. Every bad name under the sun can be used to describe Talk Talk. If there was an option to give 0 stars then I would. Call them and when I get to number 1, they disconnect the call & are showing attitude and disrespect to the customers. Horrible service.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    you might be lucky and get no problems but after 6 weeks of waiting, 3 days off un paid 3 and half hours of calls to a contact centre, located who knows where!!! I was still waiting for an internet connection so had no choice but to cancel...avoid like the plague
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    I have been very disappointed with talk talk of download speeds as low as 1 to 3mb and uploads as of 334.I am fighting for a mac code and have been cut off twice. When I ring back the option of leaving talk talk has been removed. I have played fair with them.When I emailed to get an answer re mac code their expert suggested £28.00reply fee.
    Can anyone help or should i stop my payments as i am out of contract period. Tomtom
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      2 stars
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      4 stars
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    I rejoined TalkTalk last summer via Quidco.

Plagued by constant disconnections, just as Working From Home was becoming a big deal.

Contacted Customer Support, must've wasted ~12 hours over 3 months (not exagerrating) being gaslit by the most unhelpful team of barely understandable dolts that ever wore a mic headset. They insisted everything was fine CONSTANTLY, even after the engineer visited and said otherwise (which they only sent after I spent many hours on the phone going through the same damn tests over and over).

They gave me the same stupid advice about WiFI being the issue many times - even when I established early on that all my devices are connected via Ethernet cable!

I finally got them (after more hours wasted on the phone) to waive the termination fee and let me leave for a competent ISP.

Incidentally, I was with them years ago also - back during the big data breach in 2015. Luckily no one stole my identity.

If you have no technical issues, then the speeds are decent. But you'll regret it if you ever have to phone them - they are simply the worst.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      2 stars
    • Reliability
      2 stars
    Comments
    Am moving house, to next door, TalkTalk refused to move my number and gave me garbled and bizarre reasons why they couldn't perform this simple task (it turns out this would cost them more than simply giving me a new number). Spun me ridiculous yarns about how to close down my account- took me several hours to sort.

The most appalling customer service- ill informed, incompetent, surly and inept staff. Waning broadband speeds too...
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Speed
      2 stars
    • Reliability
      2 stars
    Comments
    Absolutely the most frustrating customer service I have had to deal with. Call centre operative keep repeating the same nonsense and refusing to pass me onto a manager to sort out their mistake when I changed over to EE. Then the manager was just as inept. They might be cheap but you need to ask yourself is it worth spending a little bit more and having peace of mind?
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Please do not even consider this company for any type of service. Despite their broadband not being fit for purpose, this will be the least of your issues with them. Online services are not fit for purpose and customer support outsourced abroad. So avoid this company at all cost otherwise you will end up paying for an abysmally substandard service with no access to any form of communication in order to rectify this and no ability to cancel an unsatisfactory service. Piss poor company in every respect
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    keep a way,worst service ever ,6 months with slow Internet ,blocked out of bank accounts, a number of times,as service taking to long,had to re- register bank accounts ,moved to BT rectified 1st day,they told me i had broken contract,not a charity,as paying for a service,that they could not sort,?
    in total about 9 hours on phone passed back and forth,is this the year 2015?
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Comments
    Tried to give less than one star but not allowed.
    Anyway very slow broadband, people should stay away. They are vey keen to sneak 24 months contract auto-renew without you aware this. So stay as far as you can.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    Comments
    Firstly I would like to start at point of sale , I will explained that I would not be
    in the premises until the 30th October so they decide to arrange an engineer for the
    20th also send the router for the same date , nobody is at the premises until this time !!
    Secondly using the many departments to get through to the right possible is near impossible three hours later spoke to someone that understood what I had asked . departments always busy so good luck with that cancelled the account in the end thought if I ever had a problem forget it no chance.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      2 stars
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      2 stars
    • Reliability
      2 stars
    Comments
    broadband dropping out was told to switch off all devices when it happens to see if that solves it,if not it could be your nabours devices or electrical/magnetic disturbance in your area ha ha
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Comments
    I have been with TalkTalk for years and they've been OK - not good, but OK. Download speed is now down to less then 0.2mbps; line checked and is fine so engineer booked but couldn't be arsed to turn up. They're now blaming Openreach. I have spent 5 hours plus on the phone to them over the last 72 hours and no resolution in sight.

I shall be moving as soon as I can. I would strongly suggest that you use any supplier other than TalkTalk; their service claims verge on the fraudulent. Trading Standards should take their case on.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Yes this internet is cheap, but cheap isn't good if your not getting the service your paying for. Talk talk is only good if you don't run into any problems.

I've the Internet for a year and a half and ran into problems two weeks ago. My internet speed dropped from the usual 4mb/s to .3mb/s and latency went to 500m/s.

A technician came around and proved that the home setup was fine and it was a problem with the open reach line which talk talk rent from BT.
    I booked the Openreach tech for the following week; Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday, told they would turn up on either one of those days.

I waited home for those three days and no technician showed. Upon ringing talk talk on the night of the Wednesday; they told me that an Openreach technician wasn't needed because they thought it was a problem with my home setup. I explained I already had a talk talk technician prove my setup but they said he might have missed something.

I wasn't prepared to wait for another week for them to tell me my setup is ok again, I've cancelled my direct debit and ordered Virgin.

It's iust their comstomer support that's the problem. All They needed to do it get BT to turn the gain up on the line but what could have been a 20minute solution turned into a 3 week shambles with no solution within sight.
  • Reviewer
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Talk Talk is absolute the worst! In both Broadband and Customer Services. My best advice is never ever to go with them, unless you want to be put on hold and transferred to different departments back and forth for at least 10 times!
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Worst company in the world to deal with, cost us a fortune, then delayed setting for over 2 years, then offered an insulting settlement. Will NEVER EVER use this shower again
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    Comments
    Tried to switch to Talk Talk, told they would ring me on Friday between 1000-1200hrs, got a texted message we'll call you between 1800 -2000hrs. Next text sorry we are busy, will call you in the next hour 2130hrs still nothing. What a waste of my time. Forget it. Look elsewhere.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      3 stars
    • Customer Service
      3 stars
    • Speed
      3 stars
    • Reliability
      3 stars
    Comments
    A couple of times a year some problem I think common to all providers. Last time a problem on Friday with broadband not working at all, brilliantly solved the next day on Saturday.Customer service contacted in chat.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    poor,terrible service,keeps dropping off-do not use talk talk if you wish to actually have a relaible internet connection
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    I’ve been with TalkTalk (broadband) for over 10 years and starting from January/February 2019 their service went gradually down the drain. Constant likeness drop outs, speed went from steady 7-8 Mbpts to just above 4 Mbpts - their contractual minimum, and abysmal latency - 200-300 msec. When I raised the issue with their support it took more than 6 hours (!) of 'live chat' to disconnect everything, remove the BT socket faceplate and connect everything back, which didn’t solve the problem. To cut long story short I decided to change the provider, and guess what? My broadband speed dropped even further from 4 Mbpts to around 2 Mbpts once TalkTalk learned that I’m leaving. My switchover is a few days away and my speed is even worse - around 600 Kbpts - 2 Mbpts IF I can connect to the their broadband service. Absolutely abysmal service and behaviour from the telecom outfit of this size. It goes without saying they lost me as a customer forever, furthermore I would not be surprised if they go out of business at some point in the next 12 months as they are clearly rationing customers broadband (throttling d/l speeds) due to inadequate bandwidth supply capacity or/and overstretched customer base.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    Oh boy here comes another negative review to Talk Talks huge collection of them. Let's begin at the ordinary internet, well in short its the slowest internet I have ever experienced and it struggles to load up google sometimes.

About 10 years of suffering with them and throwing our money away we decide to switch providers. We had been loyal customers for 10 years and what do they say... Sorry you can't leave us till 2019!

After that there was no way we could keep the internet we had so we switched to fiber optic. Not only is it over priced but we got told it would take 24-48 hours for it to get activated... It has been over a week and nothing has happened so far. WE ARE PAYING MORE FOR FIBER OPTIC AND GETTING THE SAME TERRIBLE INTERNET! We have complained and they have just apologized and done nothing about it.

In conclusion don't go anywhere near them no matter what. Their fiber optic is non-existant and their internet will only give you stress. We are trapped with them and have lost all hope so please don't go anywhere near them as I don't want you to follow the same fate as me.
  • Reviewer
    Reviewing
    TalkTalk
    Date
    Ratings
    • Satisfaction
      1 star
    • Customer Service
      1 star
    • Speed
      1 star
    • Reliability
      1 star
    Comments
    'Upgraded' to their fibre line a few months back. 2mps speed my old BB was better and cheaper. Talktalk response to my speed issue was no min speed for faster fibre . Not sure how they can keep ripping people off like this . Only a few months left for me and im gone and will never return . They are a joke avoid avoid avoid.

The reviews published on this page are those of the individual authors who have warrantied that they abide by our review guidelines. Reviews are not the opinion of Broadband.co.uk.